The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Because she apologised, that is what made her wrong?

She is wrong because she literally said so, instead of explaining/clarifying what the photo meant or standing by it. IMO that means she wasn't taking a principled stand or even a making an insightful commentary; she (thought she was) simply doing something other people would like, expressing a popular sentiment, going with the flow, etc. She abandoned her "message" the instant she sensed she wasn't sufficiently conforming to the herd.

The apology itself is probably as sincere as Justine Sacco's, even though Sacco's incident also proved her to be incompetent at her job (corporate PR).

:rolleyes:

Trump National Security Team Blindsided by NATO Speech

Politico said:
What?s not is that the president also disappointed?and surprised?his own top national security officials by failing to include the language reaffirming the so-called Article 5 provision in his speech. National security adviser H.R. McMaster, Defense Secretary James Mattis and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson all supported Trump doing so and had worked in the weeks leading up to the trip to make sure it was included in the speech, according to five sources familiar with the episode. They thought it was, and a White House aide even told The New York Times the day before the line was definitely included.

It was not until the next day, Thursday, May 25, when Trump started talking at an opening ceremony for NATO?s new Brussels headquarters, that the president?s national security team realized their boss had made a decision with major consequences?without consulting or even informing them in advance of the change.

The president appears to have deleted it himself, according to one version making the rounds inside the government, reflecting his personal skepticism about NATO and insistence on lecturing NATO allies about spending more on defense rather than offering reassurances of any sort; another version relayed to others by several White House aides is that Trump?s nationalist chief strategist Steve Bannon and policy aide Stephen Miller played a role in the deletion. (According to NSC spokesman Michael Anton, who did not dispute this account, ?The president attended the summit to show his support for the NATO alliance, including Article 5. His continued effort to secure greater defense commitments from other nations is making our alliance stronger.?)

Either way, the episode suggests that what has been portrayed?correctly?as a major rift within the 70-year-old Atlantic alliance is also a significant moment of rupture inside the Trump administration, with the president withholding crucial information from his top national security officials?and then embarrassing them by forcing them to go out in public with awkward, unconvincing, after-the-fact claims that the speech really did amount to a commitment they knew it did not make.

The frantic, last-minute maneuvering over the speech, I?m told, included ?MM&T,? as some now refer to the trio of Mattis, McMaster and Tillerson, lobbying in the days leading up to it to get a copy of the president?s planned remarks and then pushing hard once they obtained the draft to get the Article 5 language in it, only to see it removed again. All of which further confirms a level of White House dysfunction that veterans of both parties I?ve talked with in recent months say is beyond anything they can recall.

And it suggests Trump?s impulsive instincts on foreign policy are not necessarily going to be contained by the team of experienced leaders he?s hired for Defense, the NSC and State. ?We?re all seeing the fallout from it?and all the fallout was anticipated,? the White House official told me.

They may be the ?adults in the room,? as the saying going around Washington these past few months had it. But Trump?and the NATO case shows this all too clearly?isn?t in the room with them.

Impeaching Trump would give you President Pence which is just as fucking scary. This is the level of fucked up America has gone in to. I'm pretty glad of the world leader's reaction to the withdrawal from the Paris agreement. Trump is a blithering idiot who will have to be endured for 4 years in the hopes the American people wake the fuck up and elect someone competent and who will see past his own belly button as far as the duties to his citizens and the world.

Last edited:
leaders of business giants including Amazon, Apple and Target have signed pledges to keep reducing their fossil-fuel emissions after President Donald Trump announced he would withdraw the U.S. from the 2015 Paris climate accord.

If leaders of companies whose first goal is profit find it useful to reduce the fossil-fuel emissions, it means reducing fossil-fuel emissions has positive effects on their businesses in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise, they wouldn't bother. Maybe they expect cleaner energy to drive up their profits, maybe they expect dirtier energy to drive them down, we don't know.

What we know is: they think that caring for the environment will be positive for them.

They clearly see something Trump doesn't see. That is not good news for the Slanderer.

And the free market keeps on ticking without using my tax dollars. I'm sure climate alarmists will find something wrong even with this though.

Edit: apparently Trump is looking into putting up solar panels along the border to offset some of the cost of the wall. Nice.

The "Free Market" is not so free, and your tax dollars help subsidize even the oil industry for several billion dollars every year.

The two comments don't line up in any way.

My point was more that Trump pulling out of the Paris agreement is pretty insignificant. A number of states and many companies are going to continue their efforts anyways and Trump said he's willing to discuss the accord again under more favorable terms (some seem to think that he isn't interested at all and that doesn't appear to be the case).

Consdering how Trump talks about how great coal mines are, you gotta be pretty creative in how your interpret his quotes about science or climate to see it as "pro-science". His announcement speech about it was a complete facepalm-fest.

There's a middle ground between thinking that Trump is all "fuck yo science, kek" and thinking that he's Al Gore. He definitely isn't jumping on the bandwagon and he does support coal, but I also don't think that he opposes any and all pollution regulation.

Do I really have to pull out the countless amounts of tweets, interviews, rallies, and stuff, where Donald J fucking Trump says he doesn't think global warming is that big of a deal, where it's not man made, where he says CFCs coming out of his hairspray in Trump Tower could never ever affect the Ozone layer?

Here, start with this:

The hooting, hollering, and applause following trumps withdrawal from the Paris agreement summarizes everything wrong with this country. Fuck these people. I still refuse to acknowledge Trump as President of this country. He can fuck right off and eat a mountain of shit.

That was by far his least popular decision. A majority of Democrats and of Republicans oppose the move, last ai saw about 200 cities and the entire state of Hawaii have decided to abide by the accords.

If leaders of companies whose first goal is profit find it useful to reduce the fossil-fuel emissions, it means reducing fossil-fuel emissions has positive effects on their businesses in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise, they wouldn't bother. Maybe they expect cleaner energy to drive up their profits, maybe they expect dirtier energy to drive them down, we don't know.

What we know is: they think that caring for the environment will be positive for them.

They clearly see something Trump doesn't see. That is not good news for the Slanderer.

Or maybe being committed to clean energy is better publicity than simply following the law. If it's a choice, companies can advertise that they're making smart choices. If it's required by law... well... there isn't much they can do with that.