Weird encounter

Micra

Not A Dude
I was on my way to the dojo this evening (I had to teach karate class), on my bike, in the dark, when suddenly a (white, slender, blond, about 30- year-old) guy appeared next to me (also on bike) and started to talk to me. Here's what transpired (paraphrased):

Him: Hey, you know a sports centre around here?
Me: Yeah, straight ahead, it'll appear to your right.
Him: *something about the kind of gym it is*
Me: Well, I don't know what sort of gym you're looking for..
Him: how big is it?
Me (pointing at a block of houses we pass): About the size of that block.
Him: How many square meters? How many machines? How many weights? how many dumbells?
Me: (OK, wackjob. Careful, stay calm.) No idea, I never go there.
Him: Why not?
Me: I do a different kind of sport.
Him: they have all kinds of sports there. What do you do? *starts summing up all kinds of non-existant sports along the lines of "underwater hockey" *
Me: ...
Him: Aww, c'mon tell me, whaddaya do?
Me (hoping to scare him off): Karate.
Him: *makes stupid cliche Bruce Lee-ish martial arts noises* Like that? They do that there too.
Me: Not the style I do.
Him: They do every style there. What style do you do?
Me: shuri-ryu
Him:They do that there too.
Me: Doubt it.
Him: So what's different?
Me: little things.
Him: *makes karate sounds again* Like that? Is that different?
Me:...
Him: So where do you hit someone to knock them out?
Me: (I'm not sure I wanna give you that info...) ...not the groin at least. Eyes, throat, knees.
Him: Throat, yeah.. but it hurts to get kicked in the groin, right?
Me: I should think so.
(We pass the gym)
Him: wanna go to the gym with me?
Me: (creep)... Can't. People are waiting for me. Hafta teach class.
Him: Teach class? Will you teach me?
me:If you wanna come over and take a class, you're welcome.
Him: So how old are you? Thirty?
Me: Thanks a lot. No, a bit younger than that.
Him: 28.
Me: no, 26 (WTF am I telling him this for??)
Him: Oh, then you're too young for me. Now I'm not interested in you anymore. Does that make you feel bad?
Me: ... (go away already)
Him: what's your perfect guy like? Do I look like your perfect guy?
Am I your perfect guy?
me:...
Him: well, do I?
Me: ...not really.
Him: Why? I'm ugly. You think I'm ugly?
Me: No...
Him: Then why?
Me (trying to drop a hint): Well, for one thing, my perfect guy would know when to leave me alone.
Him: Well I'm going to. I'll be turning left in a bit. So how long have you been single?
Me:... long (not that it's any of your business)
Him: If I'd come to talk to you, would you go out with me? Don't you mind being single so long?
Me:... (now I'm getting worried. At least nothing much can happen as long as we're both on our bikes)
Him: But don't you miss being with a man? Don't you miss the sex?
Me: (OK, if he goes any further I'm gonna tell him to leave me alone for once and for all. He appears harmless enough, but this is creepy...) Nah...
Him: No? Why not? It's nice with a man, right? *suddenly turns left to cross the street* Gotta go now, I'll call ya!"
Me: Whatever. Creep. I just hope he won't try it on other girls.

Now either that guy had a bit of a mental impairment or he was plain sad. Either way, I really wish that for once in my life a NORMAL, NICE guy would come up to me to talk, but it's always immigrants trying to get a girl so they can get a green card ("Hey, you're pretty. Got a boyfriend? Wanna marry me?" ) , or just plain creeps. I was grateful for my karate blackbelt tonight.

ps70.jpg

All you need. :twisted:

Edit: Just read the whole thing cuz I was in a rush. Man, that guy was an asshole, I would have kneed him in the groin a few times. So you teach karate, huh? Then you won't need one of those. Respect. :thumbsup:

17% streetwise? What about the other 83%??? Karate comes in handy in those situations. Or a tazer.

Just kick him in the balls next time, Micra. If Holland is like the US, you would be in the right.

Laws are written to protect women! Take advantage of that and kick his ass next time! :p
Actually, most guys haven't got a clue when girls reject them. You need to literally show them out of the door.

Damn, that guy sounded wierd. He deserved a good kicking I reckon.
When you say bike do you mean bicycle or motorbike (just that I'd imagine it'd be difficult to talk if you're both on motorbikes)

I must say, he had confidence! And he certainly didn't seem to take no for an answer. Me, I just think girls are rejecting me all the time so I rarely talk to them anymore! :p Well, at least only if I don't know them - I still talk to my friends occassionally! :)

But yeah, he was definately a wierdo, in any country.

Just kick him in the balls next time, Micra. If Holland is like the US, you would be in the right.

Technically, I'd only be allowed to hit him if he attacked me first, otherwise I would be the one committing assault. Besides, he really didn't come off as threatening, just pathetic (I've met guys that were much more threatening, even though they didn't get physical, and I never ended up having to really fight, thank God. Just had to block this one guy years ago when he tried to put his arms around me "cuz he wanted to talk". ). That, and the whole point of martial arts is to prevent things from escalating into a physical fight:p

@ Monkeymax: I meant bicycle. And I don't think he had confidence, more like he just kept raving on regardless of what I said.

@ Porsche-Superiority and BlaRo: thanks :) 8)

BlaRo said:
ps70.jpg

All you need. :twisted:

I think they are considered as weapons over here. You could actually serve time in prison for using them since they are forbidden. I have that stuff too... Took it out of Holland though... ;)

you shoulda said that you used to be a man yourself and you know what its like

Take up Kendo! That way when he asks what it is you're carrying you can tell him it's a sword! That should get some looks.

(actually I need to get back into Kendo...barely lasted a semester due to ill funding).

Hahaha, oh man that was just sad sad sad.. trying to be a smartass about karate as well while he obviously knows little about it... Really smooth with the age guessing as well :roll:
Thanks for the funny story, you had me laughing there :)

You teach Karate? Awesome! I never forgave myself for stopping to go to Taekwondo class...
Are there also several grades of black belts in Karate?

^Yep, 10 to be exact (10th dan is considered perfection and is only given out posthumously, if that's a word, after someone dies). I'm a 2nd dan myself, my Sensei is an 8th dan, which makes her the highest ranking female karateka in our style if I'm correct 8) .

Buba said:
I never forgave myself for stopping to go to Taekwondo class...

What belt have you got? I stopped 3 years ago because of studies, but i'm going to start again soon :D

I had a green one with the blue thingy around it. I was a kid, so there were smaller steps to motivate us more, I guess. I don't have a clue if its everywhere like that with the "grade" between 2 belts.
Its been a really long time. One of the Dudes I started with has recently passed his 3rd Dan... He is awesome.
But so is Micra I guess... Did you post in the "post a pic of yourself" thread? If not, you should consider a pic where you're "in action"!!

//edit: Ahh, right, the Church Heavy Metal things ;-) Now I remember...