What is the equivalent program on US TV?

Oddly enough I saw quite a few Dodge Rams and the like in the Netherlands a year or so ago.

Viper007Bond said:
Yeah, but big cars are what sell here. No one in their right mind here would buy one of the "normal" sized European cars.

Then high gasoline prices should do the trick.

They are gonna buy normal American cars that get like 20-30 MPG, still not some Eurobox.

I think the power output of those american engines is ridiculous! :wink:
They have something like a 3.5l v6 but it only produces like 180 hp... (and at the same time they aren't even economic)

cya
Oli

i dont think youcan get an 2ton car to be economical. Dont get me wrong, ive lived in america for some time, but for some reason I just cant see the point in dragging a small 2 ton house around, not even for comfort as i couldnt see how they was anymore comfortable then an = EU car, maybe im missing something

Renesis said:
I'm glad I don't live in USA.

and in other parts of Canada for that matter...

here we love hatches and small cars, they should ban SUV's and trucks :evil:

Obviously you haven't been to America recently, most Americans can't fit in small cars. I have a G35 and often some big fat guys I work with have a hard time getting in which is ridiculous because for me the G is plenty big and smaller is better.

:lol: ahh all you canadians with your hockey and molsen ice.

go hunting or run over a moose or something. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

what canadian car rivals the corvette...hmm you aint got one, WOOOOOOPPPSSSS!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

justin syder said:
:lol: ahh all you canadians with your hockey and molsen ice.

go hunting or run over a moose or something. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

what canadian car rivals the corvette...hmm you aint got one, WOOOOOOPPPSSSS!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Corvette isn't that good sorry mate. The C5 doesn't even look good IMO.

we don't have cars rival to the corvette but we sure have cars that beat it though

MrMan said:
Renesis said:
I'm glad I don't live in USA.

and in other parts of Canada for that matter...

here we love hatches and small cars, they should ban SUV's and trucks :evil:

Obviously you haven't been to America recently, most Americans can't fit in small cars. I have a G35 and often some big fat guys I work with have a hard time getting in which is ridiculous because for me the G is plenty big and smaller is better.

I know americans are fat. But they could still atleast buy cars instead of SUVs :roll:

I agree that a lot of Americans have SUVs, but I'd be surprised if the SUVs make up more than 20% of the total off all types of vehicles that Americans use.
I'd love to see stats on this.

I like the cartoons at the bottom of that site :) .

I'd think driving a TVR would be a blast, but I think I'd be too scared to push it on public roads, and probably on a race track I'd still be scared. :lol:

Corvette is kinda a good deal for the $ ($40k), but besides that, it sucks. The Viper meanwhile can hold it's own with many cars twice it's price. ;)

Wow , all Americans are fat , I had no friggin idea. My coworkers dont fit in my car, down with America death to the SUV.

Whats so wrong with an SUV? I mean I dont like them either because they are the type of car which attracts poor drivers , and they obstruct my line of sight. However hating them because they pollute would require you to also hate many sports cars and old (hell even 80s early 90s) muscle cars which have the same low gas milages.

The "Americans are fat lollercaust" comment is painfully ignorant and annoying though.

DimitriPopov said:
Whats so wrong with an SUV? I mean I dont like them either because they are the type of car which attracts poor drivers , and they obstruct my line of sight. However hating them because they pollute would require you to also hate many sports cars and old (hell even 80s early 90s) muscle cars which have the same low gas milages.

The "Americans are fat lollercaust" comment is painfully ignorant and annoying though.

ummm here are some reasons
- they consume way more gas than it can be reasoned for
- the government is giving it unfair sunsidies and taxing the real economy cars
- they are a death trap for all the other cars invovled in the accident
- they are dangerious themselves as they are twice as likely to topple over
- they are driven by stay at home mom yapping on cell fones
- they have caused the growth in the popularity of the spinnahs which according to me must DIE

ppl feel free to add to this list.

yeah that list i agree with almost completely (except for the cell phone bit). On the road when i see speeding Land Rovers and other big arse cars coming my way i always feel a little edgy. My Golf GTi ('96) got totaled a few years back by a Bitch from Hell in a Discovery doing her makeup and chatting on a cordless while driving, got hit right up the arse, car was totaled, i almost cryed i loved my GTi. Now in my 2L clio sport i always am a little edgy........ :oops:

Synaethesia said:
a Bitch from Hell in a Discovery doing her makeup and chatting on a cordless while driving
I bet people like that don't learn their lesson either, since she obviously doesn't have a clue about safety, she probably blames it on something else, did she have any excuses?

I bet inattentive driving makes up a majority of accidents, it always amazes me that on a 4 lane highway, I can drive up behind someone who's in the left lane without anyone on the right, and I can flash lights, honk my horn, and they will not see me.

And don't think that it's just women either, I had a coworker that would watch DVDs while driving! I yelled at that dumbass just about every day, hell if I have a passenger, I don't even look at them when I'm having a conversation, let alone watch a DVD! :evil: .

well guys....come to texas....trust me ppl might call u a wuss if u say that u change lanes by followong normal procedure..ie check mirrors nad give turn signal....and as far as stupid bitches is concerned...my 16 yr old cousin was driving her families new acoord with 1300 miles on it when some bitch rear ended her on a red light.

and her excuse was that my cousin backed up on her !!!!!!
and she didnt have any insurance.....