Why Fifth Gear?

maranello

Hey Guys

First of allI really love this idea of capturing Top Gear and Fifth Gear episodes and allowing people from all over the world to download and view them.

But I dont get one thing... why Fifth Gear? Ok.. let us compare the two series. Top Gear is one hour long and sounds genuine. They are funny and explain anything and everythign about cars without making it boring. What the heck... even my sister... who doesnt even care abt cars did not find it boring.

Now Fifth Gear... it doesnt seem they have any idea abt what they are talking about. Well yeah they do talk technical stuff... the information we are interested in... but then they stress so much on styling and comfort... dudes its a supercar... there is a need for speed...not need for comfort. Well Top Gear also stresses on styling... but at the end of everything.

Atleast on Top Gear there is a studio... their celebrity each week... their race track and the way they communicate. Well I actually think Top Gear is rather funny... and Fifth Gear rather boring.

How abt this... stop capturing Fifth Gear and keep your database updated with all Top Gear episodes... say from the last 2-3 seasons.

What do you thin!!

No.

and wrong section. And this is dumb since capturing 5th Gear isn't hurting Top Gear captures. :roll:

Hell no! :evil: :evil:

That is the most stupid thing I ever heard....why stop it?! :roll: :roll:

I have absolutely no clue why you posted this crap :? :? :?

Welcome on board btw

I think you've hit a nerve there maranello.

I think the main reason why there are Fifth Gear captures as well is that the two shows are interlinked (even though they don't like to admit it) and therefore it seems only natural that they are both captured fro these boards. It is indeed the case that the Top Gear episodes are far more interesting to most than the Fifth Gear ones, but variety is the spice of life after all and some people will probably prefer Fifth Gear's style.

yeah nothing wrong with being a noob as there are welcomed here but a noob with a stupid post is just flame bait. :wink:

his idea is just dumb.

btw, welcome.

You're either all being really sarcastic or that's not a very nice way to greet a newcomer to the site. So he has views that perhaps conflict with your own, is that really any reason to shout him down and declare yourself king. Not at all.

Opinions are defining aspects of human behavior. Value them. Don't be ignorant.

with all Top Gear episodes... say from the last 2-3 seasons.

he is obviously making this suggestion thinking only of himself and his desire to get TG without considering that ppl actually like fifth gear.

he did make a ridiculous opinion, otherwise opinions are valued here. :wink:

nothing personal maranello but it was a bit far fetched to suggest.

DON'T MESS WITH MY BABY

you got something going on with Maranello we should know about?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i dont know bout you guys but "baby" used other than referring to a newborn person or a girlfriend just sounds wierd and gay. :wink:

justin syder said:
DON'T MESS WITH MY BABY

you got something going on with Maranello we should know about?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i dont know bout you guys but "baby" used other than referring to a newborn person or a girlfriend just sounds wierd and gay. :wink:

No you big dumbo! My Baby is Fifth Gear!! You should've read my other post :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lol @ Ultra Kool Dude :lol: :lol:

Jostyrostelli said:
justin syder said:
DON'T MESS WITH MY BABY

No you big dumbo! My Baby is Fifth Gear!! You should've read my other post :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I thought I was your baby... :(

:lol:

andyhui01 said:
you like FG more than TG... :shock:

NO! But I like FG more than that stupid gardening program...

NO! But I like FG more than that stupid gardening program...

"gardening with maurice" you mean??

san andreas reference :wink:

:mrgreen:

:?: :?: :?: