This is why you don't swerve to miss a deer.

Very few people are going to have the reaction time let alone the presence of mind to do this in a rollover.

Remember, this is FinalGear, where most of us are inspired by Jeremy Clarkson, so we will be able to do a powerslide around the deer and review the car, before it rolls over. :lol:

Anyways, there are lots of deers in West Virginia, and I've had a few pass right in front of my car. Luckily, I haven't hit any wildlife yet, but ALL my friends have hit something on four feet in their life, so I guess it's just a matter of time.

I feel quite safe in the Volvo though. I like to think that the Swedes have used some kind of magic and have made it immune to mooses :lol:

Very few people are going to have the reaction time let alone the presence of mind to do this in a rollover. I've been in a couple car accidents, and shit goes south almost instantaneously, you have next to no time to react to anything.

Re-read what I said. The idea is that you should duck out of the way. Like I said though (and others too), you have little control over that. However, at least you have a chance of not having your head crushed, as you would with a harness.

Remember, this is FinalGear, where most of us are inspired by Jeremy Clarkson, so we will be able to do a powerslide around the deer and review the car, before it rolls over. :lol:
Yes, because that's exactly what I said :rolleyes:

My experience:
I swerved to avoid a deer and there was no damage to either the car, or the deer. I like to think the deer went on to live a long and happy life in the woods full of berry eating and mating but who knows. I was going about 65mph when the deer lept out directly in front of my car on an empty 2-lane backroad in the hills, I scooted around him and then changed my shorts. Done and done.

I have a friend that did not swerve and the deer went through his front windshield, broke his neck, and miraculously he has healed and is not paralyzed. Guess it just depends on the driver, car, and circumstances.

Also, this all happens in slow motion while being surrounded by flames, and everything is accompanied by eerie ambient music from a classy motion picture.