Supercharged Fiat 500 from Novitec

Jay

the fool on the hill
This is pretty damned cool!

SUPERCHARGED FIAT 500

Novitec gives the 500 some well needed power

The new Fiat 500 Abarth looks well worth the wait but if you want to get your hands on a hot 500 right now, Novitec might have the answer.

Novitec are well known for mangling Ferraris and has now had a go at the baby Fiat.

There is a 13hp boost to the 1.3 diesel 500 but we are not particularly interested in that, it is the supercharged petrol version we want to get our hands on.

The 1.4 16-valve engine now a healthy has 131hp and the car will accelerate to 60mph in 8.8 seconds and on to a top speed of just under 130mph.

There is also a twin-tip stainless steel exhaust, a front spoiler and 16 or 17? wheels.

The suspension has also been modified to improve handling ? you can have either sport springs in combination with the production shock absorbers or a height-adjustable coil-over sport suspension set which can lower the car from 30 mm to 80mm.
https://pic.armedcats.net/j/ja/jayhawk/2008/05/13/9080-L.jpg

Source.

A thousand times yes. And yes again.

If i thought i'd fit i would really lust after that car.

I was really hoping there would be some crazy old Fiat 500 in here. I really do not care for this new one at all; it's lumped right in there with the New Beetle in my mind. And this hi-po, Novitec edition only barely scrapes by a 9 second 0-60mph? No thanks.

heh, they never show engine pics. :glare:

Looks cool though.

Do want! (Sans black wheels)

a bit too low and the wheels are a bit too big for my tastes, but still :

DO WANT :woot: :woot:
DO VERY WANT

Guess I'll wait and see what they do to the Abarth version..

Pass. 0-60 in 8.8 is horrid.

I much prefer the Abarth version, even if it's less powerful. I dunno about you guys, but any car with scorpions on it is good in my book.

This rendition of the 500 just doesn't look fun like the original... this car, even in hot form, should still look cute and cuddly. This fails in that area... lets not forget that the most important factor with the 500 is the way it looks/you look in it.

This rendition of the 500 just doesn't look fun like the original... this car, even in hot form, should still look cute and cuddly. This fails in that area... lets not forget that the most important factor with the 500 is the way it looks/you look in it.

What? Like a douche? I bet it also lost all its chick-magnet abilities aswell.

I wonder what the ride is like on that thing..

Those wheels are way too big.