Let the rumours begin: The F430 successor

Polly

wants a cracker
After the F149 has been revealed, I think it's a good time to start with the speculations how the F430 successor might be.

I'll start with something rather astonishing:

Some very, very unofficial renderings by Italian designer Luca Serafini.

9080515.004.Mini12L.jpg

9080515.004.Mini10L.jpg

9080515.004.Mini6L.jpg

9080515.004.Mini7L.jpg

9080515.004.Mini3L.jpg

I seriously think that's one of the most beautiful pieces of cardesign I've ever seen.

Source.

/Could someone be so kind and change the title?
//Kids, always check dict.cc before posting.

Last edited:
That does look a lot better than that America thing. Also it's "successor", predecessor comes before and in this case that was the F360. ;)

^ Beat me to it.

Like it, although the nose looks less like a mid-engined car and more like a big 2+2 FE GT car.

The profile and wheels look kind of cool, the rest is ugly. And what's with the Maserati front end?

I like this kind of design where the wheelarches look higher than the bonnet. I know it's only a render, but this might turn out nice.

WTF, I once made a Lego car with those exact same proportions and grille. Well, almost, given the limitations of Lego, but still.

What I want from the next F430:

1) Twin turbo V6 or low capacity, high revving V8
2) Full dry carbon fiber body and chassis
3) Carbon ceramic brakes standard
4) Offered with a proper transmission (ie Manual) alongside the F1 system

^ It most probably won't have anything less than a V12. The California seems to be the new entry level Ferrari, so I don't see the next F car from Ferrari having a V6/8.

As for the design, I don't really like it. I mean it looks pretty good, and it would probably look better once it's an actual car, but it doesn't have the timeless beauty that I require of Ferraris. It's just like the current F430... the looks have grown on me and I might even go so far as to call it pretty, but it's not Ferrari pretty, if y'all catch my drift.

I think that the general profile of that concept is pure sex. The rear window would be utterly useless though :lol:.

I reckon its ugly to be honest. None of the gracefulness that a ferrari should have.

Oh it looks nice, but too much like the 599.

Oh for the love of God, does at least one person need to make such comments in every new car thread? The only part of these renders that resembles a Ferrari 599 are the taillights. Gimme a break...

I like, but it's a bit too curvy and stuff.
Also, from the render it looks to be VERY low, as in "break your ass trying to get in it" low

the whole thng kinda makes it look like a developement of the maserati Gran Turismo. the nose, the way it looks like a tiger waiting to pounch with its belly on the floor and its shoulder blades sticking up

What I want from the next F430:

1) Twin turbo V6 or low capacity, high revving V8

A V6?! In a Ferrari?! You got to be kidding me. I expect the F430 successor to have a naturally aspirated V8 producing around about ~550 HP. Well, that appears to be the regression, anyway.

The looks is something that's always going to be controversial. And agree with Shawn: the current Ferraris have been somewhat of a disappointment when they came out, but over time, they grow on you. (Personally, I didn't like the 599 when it was first released, but now, I dunno, I think it a pretty cool design.)

Regarding the render, I quite like it. Except for the front grill, the headlight and the wheels; they are just so un-Ferrari. And the back just looks ugly, full stop. But it's useless discussing a render which will never have any impact on the actual car.

I just hope the actual F430 successor will silence the critics with a proper old-school Ferrari design such as the F355 or the 612 Scag.

I think its too early to replace the F430! ^_^

:stupid: