[11x01] June 22nd, 2008

[11x01] June 22nd, 2008

• Total voters
Gave it a 7. Top police car bit was absolutely hilarious, but the rest was all a bit too expected and slightly boring (the guests). Great start to the season though, looking forward to the Japanese race :D

Gave it a 7. Top police car bit was absolutely hilarious, but the rest was all a bit too expected and slightly boring (the guests). Great start to the season though, looking forward to the Japanese race :D
Yeah, the guests were really boring, but the cop cars and the early bits saved it for me.

Did anyone notice the bad editing during Hammond's power lap in his Suzuki police car? The front wheel/Stinger fell off early, then at the 2nd to last bend it appeared back on his car again, then when he crossed the finish line, it was gone again and the torn cardboard box was back in its place.

the best part of the show is that black scuderia after the power test....i think...

i think i'm ready to like ferrari again.

no stereo. no navi. the red stitching.

i love it

What they should have done: Made the gas thing longer and the guest part shorter.

Gas Race: 6/10 - Too short, should have been a bit more "in depth".

Prius VS M3: 7/10 - interesting but not really fair since a prius is revving like a maniac when the M3 is doing 3500 rpm...

The News: 8/10 - Long and funny, one of the better news. Good jokes. Too bad they censure so much :(

Ferrari f430 Scuderia review - 8/10 - Good review, interesting and not like all other.

New Top Gear member and Backwards jump 6/10 - Not that funny and unless he pulls off more extreme stunts later on!

Stars in a slow car 5/10 - Boring since I've never heard of the guys. Sorry :p

The Police Car Challenge 9/10 - It was really brilliant and very funny. VERY good!

Last edited:
Top Gear Stuntman was horribly disappointing. Like Jeremy said, maybe he'll be killed off?

Overall gave it a 7...

I liked the early part with the tongue in cheek review of gas mileage of super cars and the comparison against the Prius with the M3. News was good. Not sure what the point of the reverse stunt jump was. This SIARPC is a good example of why they should just drop it. <_< The segment of the police cars was pretty good though it was not a "tight" as other challenges have been.

I'm not too concerned though. As it's been already said TG always gets better as the series continues; want to keep some of the best stuff for later so we can savior it. :)

Last edited:
OMG funnies funnies funnies!!!!! The police section was just to funny!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As soon as that wheel came off of the Fiat, I lost it. TG is back, so often ambitious and rubbish, and it wouldn't be Top Gear if it wasn't, slightly dodgy segments and all.

Great start and finish, everything in between wasn't that great for me. Overall 5/10

Fuel economy segment was brilliant 9/10
News, funny but about Tata, Hyundai, Toyota? 7/10
430 Scuderia, average, maybe because I don't like the car. 5/10
TG Stuntman, why? Please give him to Richard as chew toy for TG Dog. 1/10
Siarpc, way too long. 1/10
Cop cars, great, oh how i missed seeing the 3 cocking about 9/10.

It's strange that people think the Prius is supposed to be economic. It's not the goal of the Prius to save you gas, it's to help the environment, it was designed to emit very low levels of CO2. Something a diesel can't.

Diesel emit less CO2 than comparable gasoline engines afaik, although diesel has ~15% more CO2 emissions than the same volume of gasoline they are more fuel efficient. NOx and particulate matter are a different story though.

After watching the episode...

The people who complained that Hammond's "stinger" was deployed twice due to sloppy editing. Your obviously retarded. They reset the contraption and deployed it a second time. Good lord, either get an MRI ASAP or sober up.

Last edited:
Diesel emit less CO2 than comparable gasoline engines afaik, although diesel has ~15% more CO2 emissions than the same volume of gasoline they are more fuel efficient. NOx and particulate matter are a different story though.

comparable gasoline engines The Prius is not comparable. One such innovation is the thermal coolant reservoir that keeps the engine coolant at operating temp longer on Off cycle thus keeping the engine at peak efficiency longer.

It's efficient not economic, was my point.

Last edited:
The preview of the season excited me more than the rest of the episode to be honest. Jeremy's Fiat was nice (sans wheel mods) and James' Lexus looked the part. Hammond did his usual bling thing.

Great visuals for the Ferrari review though.

http://img58.imageshack.**/img58/8945/vlcsnap319409bk2.png
Hell Yes! Jeremy is greasing the lens, awesome huh?

My first post on this forum, so id like to thank everyone that runs Final Gear, as other Americans like myself are really limited in ways to see Top Gear without this. Thanks very much!

I also noticed the editing issues with Hammonds lap time in his Barbie cop car, and it kinda of ruined it for me a bit. In the back of your mind, you always know this stuff is edited together and scripted, but you like to think they are just out there screwing around, and having fun with the challenge while the cameras are rolling. It just took me out of the experience a bit.

However Jeremy's wheel coming off was absolutely priceless. I actually rewound and played it again, because i was laughing so hard. and the ice cream truck jingle on James's car was hilarious too.

I have to admit tho, I have never seen a bad Top Gear episode, because even the worst episode ever is still 1000x better than anything that is on American TV, just watch the editing and keep up the good work!

430 Scuderia, average, maybe because I don't like the car. 5/10

Tiff Needel did a much more interesting review of the Scuderia on Fifth Gear, a couple seasons ago.