video of Tanner Foust reviewing the new Infiniti G37

seigi009

Car(s)
2003 Honda Civic EX coupe
Here's a short video of him showing a guy how to drift in a Infiniti G37. A little taste on how he'll perform on the show I guess.

Hmm, not much presenting on his part, but still worth a watch.

I think where TG:US might falter is in the presentation style. You can tell that Hammond, Clarkson, and May all do their own writing and have great flair on camera.

But how well can these three write? Tanner seemed totally boring and clinical in that video. Hopefully he will be better with prepared dialogue.

He has a lot more pop than most American TV car reviewers... ever seen Test Drive?

I agree. I was quite bored with this also...god help top gear America...even before it begins.

I didn't think it was that bad. Obviously the content was pretty boring but Tanner seems to definitely have something there. That other guy though.... lol
But I've also seen other stuff with him and to me he seems to be the most promising of the three.

A couple things worth noting for the naysayers.

First, this was done for a television news program. These shows really don't have much in the way of flair or personality and so you shouldn't expect such from a piece produced for such a show.

Also note that Tanner has no problem at all questioning the designer, right out of the gate, about the car. He's got no problem with confrontation.

And third, god are car designers just full of hot air. There must be classes they take which focus on saying absolutely nothing to support a car design.

Given the restrictions of his assignment, Foust is pretty articulate and at least has some personality. He's better than 80s Tiff and early Hammond. I'm still optimistic.

Funny thing, the little Ad on the linked site said....

"Teeth Whiteners Exposed"

7 Teeth Whitening Products Tested, Rated, and Reviewed. A Must Read!

Made me think of Hammond. :lol:

I'm actually expecting good things from him after seeing him on BMI 32. He looked quite composed but lively, and he sure can drive so his opinions on cars are going to be worthy.

I've been watching more of all three of the hosts and I am still adamant that Tanner will be the best. Unlike Stromer he seems to know a lot about cars, in the way that only someone who drives for a living could know, and he's also far less obnoxious than Adam.