Maybe i should consider leasing that new hydrogen powered Honda...

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
Went to fill up at a local Shell station and noticed a new addition to the pumps...

http://img515.imageshack.**/img515/866/spa0136xe6.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.**/img530/9638/spa0135oz0.jpg

I didn't see any actual prices and the pump didn't appear functional yet. It'll be interesting to see who shows up to use it.

If you want to pay $600 a month and HAVE TO give it up after 3 years, sure.

4.48 is rough, I just paid $3.83 a gallon yesterday.

If you want to pay $600 a month and HAVE TO give it up after 3 years, sure.

4.48 is rough, I just paid $3.83 a gallon yesterday.

i wish i only had to pay 4.48, my car runs on premium, remember

Well I paid $9.60/gallon about 4 days ago. That's ?1.60/l.

I hate seeing you Americans whine about fuel prices.. Its not rare to see 1.6X? a litre here, that works out at almost 10$ a gallon..

I hate seeing you Americans whine about fuel prices.. Its not rare to see 1.6X? a litre here, that works out at almost 10$ a gallon..

Not to worry, we're predicted to hit that price by the end of this year. :lol:

Not to worry, we're predicted to hit that price by the end of this year. :lol:

Yeah? Well, by the time it hits 10? gallon there, everyone here will be burning cars to keep warm in the winter :D

I like the idea of hydrogen fuel and hope it takes off when oil does begin to run out. As for current fuel prices, they will drop within a year or so when the cunts err oil futures speculators decide to cash in.

Yeah? Well, by the time it hits 10? gallon there, everyone here will be burning cars to keep warm in the winter :D

France is way ahead of you on that, and they do it even when it isn't winter!

If you can afford the FCX (or whatever its called) then go for it, i think its a neat car, would love to hear actual impressions and such. Personally i'm excited when i can find Biodiesel (aka super awesome engine cleaner) and E85 (cheap race gas).

not our fault your governments are a bunch of greedy bastards. And sorry but we have to drive more to feed our families. I wouldn't be surprised if the fuel bill of many Americans is as high as most Europeans, just because we don't always have the luxury of living next to were we work.

But.... but what am I going to do with my gasoline-powered car?

In the future I plan on being Will Smith from iRobot when he busts out his super-badass bike that runs on gasoline, only I'll have a Subaru that still runs on gas.

film_irobot2.jpg

oh yes

Is it possible to to a gasoline to hydrogen conversion?

If so it wouldn't be worth the cost. The best solution would be to have hydrogen cars gradually phased in.

I'm trying to figure out what will happen to all the gasoline powered cars. I mean it'll probably take a few years (decades?) to fully convert into hydrogen. I'm sure some people will be reluctant to do so.

Is it possible to to a gasoline to hydrogen conversion?

It absolutely is, actually if you pump compressed hydrogen into a carburated car it will run, although its not practical to carry around 100lb pressure tanks at the moment.

Edited because further research means i'm a bit confused about hydrogens octane rating.

Last edited:
Without any reference to high gas prices that we all see, even though our North American prices are still a great deal you Europeans, the fact is we drive more, in the last 4 months I have put 8,000 km on my car. Thats the problem with this damn wilderness. Anyways its neat to see Hydrogen, I wonder if that is foreshadowing a huge change in the auto industry, since I would assume the oil companies and the auto companies to be in close contact.