GIF editor?

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I need to remove frames from a GIF to get it down in size. What's the best GIF editor, ideally free?

Don't you have Photoshop close by? sister's PC? That's technically free :p

Most of them are paid software, i haven't used a free GOOD one ever.

I don't have PS on this PC as I don't have a proper firewall to block outgoing connections (haven't had a need). :(

I guess I can use my sister's PC though.

What does a firewall have to do with Photoshop?

CS2 doesn't do that and CS3 does that once in a while which i just cancel. But then again CS3 is on the no internet PC for me so it's easier to ignore...

(There is nothing wrong with CS2 though and it doesn't access the webs and in some ways i prefer it)

So should I get CS3 or CS2? My sister and I have been using pre-CS I think.

Pre-CS, wow, i've never used anything older than CS1... i'm guessing you're using 7 (iirc).

There's nothing that you'd need in CS3 that you can't find in CS2 unless you're a pro. A lot of things changed in CS3 that annoy me, CS2 is nice and comfortable, go for that.

Yeah, 7 I think and thanks. :)

imho Ulead Gif Animator is the easiest editor to use, but it's not free.

I got a (packed) 65 MB portable version of CS3. Its awesome...

^ I want it...

Please..

imho Ulead Gif Animator is the easiest editor to use, but it's not free.

[YOUTUBE]ZLsJyfN0ICU[/YOUTUBE]

I got a crack0rzed copy of it on mininova. Would recommend if you find nothing else. The other possible recommendation is ImageReady, but someone mentioned photoshop already.

OT: I can't believe the girl in this show is 17.

Last edited:
Wow, the suite took up like 10GB if I remember correctly!

And anyone know of a GIF editor for Mac? I could use Illustrator or PS I guess but they're a pain in the arse.

He means Photoshop CS3, not Creative Suite 3

I can also recommend Jasc Animation Shop. Not free either, but a good one.

He means Photoshop CS3, not Creative Suite 3

Yeah but either way Photoshop at 65MB is pretty nuts (I imagine its the biggest in the suite). And they should change the way they name their products, using CS (which stands for creative suite) on a product that is not the Creative Suite :?.

I can also recommend Jasc Animation Shop. Not free either, but a good one.

I got Animation Shop (and Paint Shop Pro 5) free when they were given away with a PC magazine in the UK.

They're great for basic 'shopping and 'giffing, although they are relics from 1998...