Need some help with Winamp

mancs

Car(s)
Lada 2107 (only race), VW Golf MKII
Didnt really know where to put this thread so here I go in the offtopic.. :)

So my problem is, that I use winamp, it was perfect, untill today, when it stopped playing mp3-s... :( And the files arent corrupt, any other player can play them. Also I downloaded "fresh" mp3-s, and its the same. It cant play it, or it play's it, but very corruptly. I tried reinstalling, nothing. But still, i can listen to internet radio, so its strange...

Can anybody help me? :cry:

Thanks!

I've got no idea, never had that problem. Which version of Winamp do you use?

Well firstly I used my good ol' 2.86, with is VERY old. But always used that, and loved it because it barely eats memory. When this started, I uninstaled it, and than installed the newest. But the problem remained.. :(

Try 2.91c. I think it was the latest v2, and I still use it on all my computers. It was the last good Winamp. Maybe that works. Might be a codec problem otherwise...

Yes this should be a codec problem, but what can I do about it? :cry:

Honestly, I have no idea. I'd just browse Google for the error and a possible solution...

Did you try reinstalling? It's not like it takes an eternity to reinstall; and if you reinstall, all the settings should reset and things will play again. If it still doesn't work, it's not a problem in winamp, rather probably something in windows.

What, exactly, happens when you attempt to play an MP3 in Winamp? Does it seek through the file without playing it? Does it do nothing? Does it give you an error message?

Have you tried any other type of audio file? Have you accidentally set the output plugin to the disk writer? I've done that a couple of times.

I tried reinstalling, nothing happened.

Well, I press the play button and this is how it looks:

http://img243.imageshack.**/img243/1374/winampbz2.jpg
And it doesnt plays anything. Sometimes it plays fractions of the file, but randomly. And VLC player, wmediaplayer can play the files.... So its strange.

Okay, it seems that its a virus :( I downloaded an Mp3 today, and it works, so it seems that my ~30GB of mp3-s are going to be delete'd :cry: Fucking hate viruses :mad:

Well I dont know yet, I read about it on another forum, that someone had the same virus, but he couldnt play the mp3's with anything. But I can still play it with media player classic, and my Sony Vegas is able to play it as well.. So I hope for the best :(

Btw, I hope there isnt any virus for video files, cos than 2 years of my work is going to vanish!! Almost 1 TB...

Well since Winamp is out of action how about chenging the player?
I mean I used to love the Winamp player. Specially the newest one. But after a few moments with Media Player Classic I got used to that instatntly.
And if you think Media Player Classic is a bit too....classic then try the KMPlayer. Its a really nice player.
Both of those players are really great!!
I use KMP a lot now :D Thanks to Shawn ;)