TALK ME OUT OF THIS RIGHT NOW

I'd guess at least 7 more than the number that died in it. Also, I would absolutely drive one of these, I wish ti hell that I could. Unfortunately, all but the most well taken care of, and therefor expensive, are likely to fall apart soon, especially here in the northeast, and I drive 45 miles every day for work, and the town I live in is very hilly and gets very snowy. But the biggest problem: it's an auto.

nah, for that price it'll probably be a piece of shit anyway

also, this is one car that's less cool than your bug, which is quite an achievement

YES I WOULD
MY CAR IS VERY SLOW
THAT CAR IS FAST AND CHEAP

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

You could spend that 900 on modding your beetle and it will be pretty quick too. No way in hell I would buy that.

The third generation camaro is my least favorite of the four generations made, but those who own them seem to love them, and they are much eisier to work on than the 4th gen (which i prefer for racing applications)

Find yourself a better example than this, the camaro market is full of idiots who ghetto rig speaker wires and put in some kind of PVC ram air system, one little fuckup or wrong cut and you'll have to replace engine wire harnesses left and right, something that isnt expensive or easy, amoung other problems. Than they say "This car is fucked, screw it i'll put it up for a thousand dollars and cut my losses".

My suggestion: Drop a little more cash on a better example, find a Carbureted one (you'll really only spend a few more dollars at the pump, and its easier to deal with from a maintanance perspective). Dont worry about it being an automatic, and try and find an example with T-Tops :)

If you have any questions let me know, and if you buy it post here, i'll invite you to the Finalgear Camaro and Firebird Owners club!

Also, 350 cubic inches and only 240 horsepower? Yeah, I know there's 340 lb-ft of torque, but, still, how do they get such a small amount of power from such a big engine?

Because at this point they hadn't quite mastered how to balance a large displacement engine with the incredibly tough emissions laws (much much tougher than europe or japan at the time) that had come into effect only a few years before, so before efficient cats and proper fuel injection and variable valve timing, the solution was to lower power. The heads dont flow for shit, and the cam is pathetic, ect ect ect. Give it its nuts back and its got plenty of power to throw around, than add a 150 shot and you'll be womping on any of the hair-gel boys in their BMW M3/5/6's :)

Buy it quick before MattD1zzl3 does!

Heeelp......Me................killlll.......meeee.......ughhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
rofl, I hope you are not serious about this.

scrapyard is where that car belongs.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

You could spend that 900 on modding your beetle and it will be pretty quick too. No way in hell I would buy that.

900 modding a 1.8t manual beetle maybe, mine is at least 5k to make fast in any way :/

You can't get more than 20 HP out of chipping it, You can't turbo it without massive engine failure, the only supercharger they make is $2,500.

BELIEVE ME there is no way to make my car fast without dropping enough money into it that I might as well buy a BRAND NEW car. I have looked into it :(

What is the deal with the "MD4 TRANSMISSION MAN 5 SPD, SAAB, 76.5MM, F25-5, 3.38 1ST, 0.77 5TH 610 (WRONG NO 350's WITH MANUAL)"?

You shouldn't have bought the beetle if you want a fast car in the first place.

YES I WOULD
MY CAR IS VERY SLOW
THAT CAR IS FAST AND CHEAP
It is NOT fast, sorry.

That car is slow, ugly, poor condition, and poorly modded.
+1

BELIEVE ME there is no way to make my car fast without dropping enough money into it that I might as well buy a BRAND NEW car. I have looked into it :(
Sell the Beetle and but an LS1 Camaro if you want a fast car and like f-bodies.

You shouldn't have bought the beetle if you want a fast car in the first place.
:lol: +1

The car you posted is a turd - ugly, tastlessly modified, slow, broken, ugly, needs work, etc etc. I definately understand the desire to pick up something fast and fun, but definately not that Camaro.

The third generation camaro is my least favorite of the four generations made, but those who own them seem to love them, and they are much eisier to work on than the 4th gen (which i prefer for racing applications)

Find yourself a better example than this, the camaro market is full of idiots who ghetto rig speaker wires and put in some kind of PVC ram air system, one little fuckup or wrong cut and you'll have to replace engine wire harnesses left and right, something that isnt expensive or easy, amoung other problems. Than they say "This car is fucked, screw it i'll put it up for a thousand dollars and cut my losses".

My suggestion: Drop a little more cash on a better example, find a Carbureted one (you'll really only spend a few more dollars at the pump, and its easier to deal with from a maintanance perspective). Dont worry about it being an automatic, and try and find an example with T-Tops :)

If you have any questions let me know, and if you buy it post here, i'll invite you to the Finalgear Camaro and Firebird Owners club!

Because at this point they hadn't quite mastered how to balance a large displacement engine with the incredibly tough emissions laws (much much tougher than europe or japan at the time) that had come into effect only a few years before, so before efficient cats and proper fuel injection and variable valve timing, the solution was to lower power. The heads dont flow for shit, and the cam is pathetic, ect ect ect. Give it its nuts back and its got plenty of power to throw around, than add a 150 shot and you'll be womping on any of the hair-gel boys in their BMW M3/5/6's :)

Heeelp......Me................killlll.......meeee.......ughhhhhhhhh

While I don't yet, I WILL have a third gen Camaro or Firebird, I love them. I really want to be in that club. Then again, I think that second gen Firebird is still for sale...

If I was looking for a project car and I wanted an F body, 900 bucks for that wouldn't be too bad.

but If you drive a new Beetle and want a faster daily driver, not a great idea.

900 modding a 1.8t manual beetle maybe, mine is at least 5k to make fast in any way :/

You can't get more than 20 HP out of chipping it, You can't turbo it without massive engine failure, the only supercharger they make is $2,500.

May I ask you a question? Why did you buy the beetle? I mean, it seems like you hate it, and lets face it, everyone else does..

It's a hideous mess. The guy doesn't actually know what the previous owner did to it, the engine bay looks pretty bad, the paint is awful, the panel gaps are worse, it's got an automatic, the tires are probably shot and it likely squeaks, rattles and rolls.

As a fellow owner of a slow car, I do see the temptation, but I agree about buying something that "needs work" without being able to see it in person. Nothing against the Camaro of any generation, and for all I know that would be a good buy, it's just risky. You have no idea how bad the timing issue and wheel bearing problems are until it arrives on your doorstep, so to speak.

I owned one of these new. It was by far the worst car I ever owned. At the time, they were --based on reported defects -- the worst cars GM built.

It did look cool and chicks liked it. So that was a plus. But I sold it before it was out of warranty because it was ALWAYS in the shop.

Steve

Note to people, I never BOUGHT the beetle. How the hell does a teenager afford a 21,000$ car anyway? My grandmother had it, she died, now it is mine. Therefore I cannot sell it.
I wanted a freaking Evo 8.....