Clarkson's gear lever up the backside aftermath: the first TG outtake

He does indeed say "It's called a splitter". I think it's in reference to the fact that trucks have a selector on the gearstick for the high or low range version of each gear that's called a splitter, although in this case it was attempting to split Jeremy. I'm sure there's at least one prostitute murderer hard working trucker lurking here who can confirm that......

EDIT Just noticed the next video on the page is called "New Series Plug" - butt plug presumably?

Last edited:
Yes, Matt is correct. It is called a splitter, and if it went up Jeremy's bottom, presumedly, he would be "split".

I hate that Shockwave Flash player as it doesn't have any buffering, even when you allow topgear.com to store unlimited data on your computer.

any chance someone can manage to download/capture/save this and the "news uncut" clips and up them somewhere ?

ok i have just posted in that thread with some information. has to be approved though so wait for it. :)

+1 I am having trouble playing it too - oh it may be Chrome causing the issue. ...
I'm viewing it fine using Chrome. The one time Chrome actually works properly (mine doesn't like YouTube).

Those guys are very funny :lol: Thanks for posting :)

If you X-ray'd me right now, it'd look like a performance of Miss Saigon.
:lol: Where the hell does he come up with this stuff?

:lol: Where the hell does he come up with this stuff?

I must be thick or something 'cos that one went straight over my head.

Me :idiot:

I believe it's a reference to the uh, occupation of the main character? Otherwise I have no idea.

/has seen Miss Saigon
//thinks it sounds funny but doesn't make all that much logical sense

What does James say to Jeremy when all 3 start laughing?

"They just called....?" Watched it several times now, but don't get it :(

This remark, in similar fashion to the prostitute-murdering lorry drivers, plays on the stereotype of Asian women indulging in very kinky and/or sadistic sexual pleasures.

It's kind of ironic that the obvious stereotype made the final cut, but the less obvious one ended up in an outtake.

Last edited:
Okey, i thought so. But could you please just give me the exact quote? :p

idk, I think you're referring to a different quote from the one I explained.

Ah yes. Sorry, didnt refer it to the post above mine.

Anyway could sb please tell me what James is saying :p

A splitter is a rather rude term for erm ..well.... a large penis

I'm surprised none of you have heard that before - so pure :rolleyes:

More to the point however:

trucks have a selector on the gearstick for the high or low range version of each gear that's called a splitter, although in this case it was attempting to split Jeremy.

The latter is the more witty meaning..