Which would you prefer?

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
Fuck it, I'll have a lightsaber WITH the knowledge of the force, like it or not.

Everyone knows that Jedis are in fact, bad ass muthas who don't take no crap off of nobody, which makes them uber cool. But giving them lightsabers just takes it up to a whole new level of awesomesauce!

I'll have one in red, kthnx.

Just because I mentioned something from Star Trek does not mean you get to use the Kobiashi Maru solution!

If I just have the saber, it's just a sword. If I have it and the force, I'm a badass, but there's only one of me.

Now with the transporter we can revolutionize life for everyone.

Although I'm a huge starwars fan, and not to fond of Startrek. I'd have to go with the transporter. If I don't have force powers then I would probably end up cutting myself in half. Plus I could transport myself into cool places with the transporter.

transporter > lightsaber

if it had the force and you could do cool shit like pick people up and strangle them with the force or shoot electricity out of your hands, I'd go with the lightsaber though

just as-is, it's just a sword that makes a whooshie noise

Transporter, no doubt about it. I've got friends spread all over the globe, and plane travel is expensive and time-consuming.

Transporter for me. Don't have a car (yet) so it would make getting around alot easier than walking or taking the bus. :happy:

Well, time for me to weigh in.

I'm going with the transporter. I like the idea of avoiding rush-hour traffic, not having to pay bridge tolls and being able to go home to Utah for dinner if I want and be back in time for bed. I can go to Paris for breakfast, California for lunch and Japan for dinner. I could wheel a bike in there and zip to Europe for an afternoon of riding, or, if I was feeling naughty, transport the contents of some drug-lord's cash-stash to my living room.

As for the lightsaber - well, without the power of The Force, it's just a very dangerous and pretty sword. I guess you could use it to get around weapons bans in other countries, but around here you would be quickly owned by anyone with a pistol.

Pretty much sums up what I think.

I have some serious reasons for not wanting a transporter. It's basically a cut-and-paste function for a person, but if you know anything about computers, you will know that cut-and-paste is actually copy-and-paste plus a delete function added. That is to say, for me to be teleported, first I would be replicated, then the original me would be destroyed. I'm very much not in favor of that. But the lightsaber is a bit like having command of a nuclear missile base: cool for the 12-year old mind, but mostly useless. I would much rather have a law practice in teleportation litigation; knowing how people in the US are, I would become filthy rich.

Stop it, Sheldon! :p