Best apps from app store (iPod/iPhone)

Street wiew on maps? How?

So it doesent work on my 2,2 touch?

Im not sure what you mean but i bought the 2,0 software for my 1. gen ipod and when the 2,2 update came i could download that for free.

Im not sure what you mean but i bought the 2,0 software for my 1. gen ipod and when the 2,2 update came i could download that for free.

To enable streetview on 2.2 for the ipod they would have to charge for it, just like with the 2.0 firmware they charged for.

How much of that is BS and how much of that is true I don't know and don't give a damn.

They charge for Google Maps updates in the iPhone?

It's free from m.google.com for other platforms...

They charge for Google Maps updates in the iPhone?

It's free from m.google.com for other platforms...

/face palm.

Iphone and ipod touch recently got a FREE upgrade to 2.2 firmware
for the IPHONE that means google maps app now has street view.
On the iPOD touch it means a few stability updates but NO street view. Going to google maps website just causes the google maps app to open up on both devices.

Supposedly the ipod touch doesn't get the streetview update because apple would have had to charge for it, where the iPhone I assume gets it due to the service fee's with the phone :dunno: either way street view on ipod touch does not work, on iphone it does.

Why would Apple have to charge for Maps updates on the iPod Touch?

It's free on all other platforms... all Google products are supposed to be free.

Sorry if I'm missing something here; I don't have one so I don't know what updates include and whatnot. :dunno:

It's not an app, but go and have a look at the drivers republic website on the iphone/ipod touch it works really well.

Why would Apple have to charge for Maps updates on the iPod Touch?

It's free on all other platforms... all Google products are supposed to be free.

Sorry if I'm missing something here; I don't have one so I don't know what updates include and whatnot. :dunno:
Google Map updates have usually been done with Firmware updates on the iPhone. And f/w updates for the iTouch are sometimes a pay thing. Apple claims it's for accounting purposes, but I say bull. iPhone f/w updates are free though.

What are people's opinions of trapster, urbanspoon and shazam?

Shazam is a fantastic app that always works. Even in loud restaurants it hasn't failed me.

Seem to work much better on the iphone than it did on my old N95 also :)

TapDefense its a good tower defense game and its free :)

It's nowhere near as good as field runners which is worth every cent of it's price.

I think I have to buy it if it is that good :D

You won't be sorry.

I played it from a full charge until my battery died last weekend.

That free Marble game is seriously good fun. It makes good use of the Touch's accelerometer.

Fieldsrunners is cool. I downloaded ace tennis and it's nice as well, you can challenge others via wifi or 3g.