Best apps from app store (iPod/iPhone)

I probably would have went with an iPhone, but I really don't need or want to have a 3 year contract and an expensive plan (so much so that I am generally happy with prepaid thats around $100 a year). I'm not too keen on the camera, as I've tried it on my friend's iPhone, and I wasn't impressed with it at all (nor do I need it). I would love to use it for music, some videos, some cool games, and mostly internet browsing. I'd like to try Dynolicious as well. Is it worth buying?

I really love my iPod Touch. I have got the 1. gen but i have tryed the new one and its lighter, better quality and it comes with the 2.1 software (Appstore). Im glad i bought it (;

Btw: I have bought some "Denver" speakers with ipod dokking it plays very good and then you can just leave you ipod in the dock all the day to recharge. Really good to have so you havent got to turn on your computer to recharge your ipod :)

I got a question about the ipod touch, because i am thinking about it as a replacement for my ipod photo. the google maps thing, that uses wifi points to see where i am on the map. would that also work in a city where i am not connected to any accespoint? or do i have to be connected to at least one accespoint?

Best Apps:

Labyrinth
Texas Hold'em Poker
Google Earth (requires WiFi)
Tube Status (requires WiFi)
Trace
Piano

And for Maps to update to your area you need to be connected to an accesspoint.

Yelp
Urbanspoon
Wikipanion
Trailguru
Midomi
Facebook
Movies
Medequations
Epocrates
BankofAmerica aoo

are my most used applications

Question, how popular is the Yelp application (user reviewed restaurant and entertainment search site) used outside of the US?

I got a question about the ipod touch, because i am thinking about it as a replacement for my ipod photo. the google maps thing, that uses wifi points to see where i am on the map. would that also work in a city where i am not connected to any accespoint? or do i have to be connected to at least one accespoint?

The iPod toch has got the "Find my location" button but it dosent work for my touch. I think it only works for the iPhone... A bit sad acually.

i just put in airmouse its nice as a remote control...

The iPod toch has got the "Find my location" button but it dosent work for my touch. I think it only works for the iPhone... A bit sad acually.

It requires that it can at least get some kind of signal off of multiple wifi hotspots (IIRC). It triangulates your position.

Works quite well here at my house. My network is the only one it can get on, but there are quite a few others that are locked down.

Last edited:
Just got Field runners and it's by far the best game on the whole appstore.

AIRSHARE

u can transfer any file to your ipod as a wrieless drive (awesome) and you can read most file types on your ipod, word, power point, xml, html, pdf, jpg etc etc etc and its awesome

a usefull one is oxford concise dic

Cube is pretty cool.... its an exact port of Cube the PC game

Anybody tried Trackday yet? Its like Dynolicious, but more configurable. And hopefully it produces better and more accurate results on my iPhone than Dynolicious did after the last update...

What's the best free black jack?

AIRSHARE

u can transfer any file to your ipod as a wrieless drive (awesome) and you can read most file types on your ipod, word, power point, xml, html, pdf, jpg etc etc etc and its awesome

a usefull one is oxford concise dic

Thank you! I've been trying to find a proper PDF reader for the ipod!

Anyone know if theres a vbulletin app for the iPhone? FG forums occasionally crash Safari when I try to access them.

Fieldrunners - epic
Labyrinth - fun too
Rooms - IRC Client, works perfectly for Finalgear

vbulletin works fine on my 2G touch, no crashes at all :)

^ Yeah, but the iPhone sucks ass (as a phone), whereas the iPod Touch is actually a good product.

Go for the Touch, you won't be disappointed. The iPhone means you have to sign a contract with Rogers and that's not a good thing (talking from personal experience).

Fave apps on my Touch:
Monkey Ball
AirSharing
Aurora Feint
Pkt Weather <-- Great for Australians, it's actually accurate!
Metro Melb
Enigmo

iheartradio is great when I workout, because of the station "Pride Radio"....yes, it's gay but they play awesome music.

I recently got fieldrunners, enjoying that. I'm actually really enjoying the street view on maps via the recent update.

I heard good things about Orb, which will let you watch tv on your iphone as well (if you have a tuner). Plus you can watch videos on your iphone without downloading them etc (while they are stored on your computer). Not sure the details.

Lumen lite was enjoyable. And "now playing" for searching movie times etc. One of the first apps I got was Bejeweled, which helps pass time. Haven't played in a while though.