"Foreign" cars get vandalized in detroit area

lmao

This is officially now the most awesome and funny thread on Finalgear. That is all.

Wait, Dogbert will have to check on that in the mirror :D

And really the Escape is a pretty bad car.

It's proof that not even Mazda is infallible. That said, it?s the first truly bad car made by Mazda in over 40 years*.

* Some say the 1970s Mazda Roadpacer (large saloon based on a Holden Kingswood but with a rotary engine in it) was pretty bad, but I think it was more misguided than anything. Not bad ? just kind of wrong.

That vandal is a total dickbag.

You guys do know that *THIS* is a Ford Escape Right?

2008-ford-escape-front-left-iijpg.jpg

Its a small SUV, and sells reasonably well (we had one before we went back to a Explorer)

What I believe you're all thinking of is this...
Ford%20Edge%202-lg.jpg

And that is a Ford Edge, (crossover like a CX-7) which also does well.

I think he was referring to the Mazda Tribute, which ended up forming the basis for the old Escape. Still does, I think, but they upgraded the internals a bit.

Yeah, because instead of buying the quality built car from a foreign company, even if they build that particular model in the US anyway, I should buy a shoddy Big Three product which has a service life of about five years before the head gasket and transmission go and you have to sell it on Craigslist for $350 - just because it's 'murican.

Don't mind me, I'm just pissed off because my just-sold '01 American built motorcycle was less reliable than a 34 year old Japanese example. MUCH less reliable. <_<

Yeah, because instead of buying the quality built car from a foreign company, even if they build that particular model in the US anyway, I should buy a shoddy Big Three product which has a service life of about five years before the head gasket and transmission go and you have to sell it on Craigslist for $350 - just because it's 'murican.

Don't mind me, I'm just pissed off because my just-sold '01 American built motorcycle was less reliable than a 34 year old Japanese example. MUCH less reliable. <_<

Should I even bother to guess the name of said bike? My landlord is huge into bikes and NEVER rides his Harley to work, even though it's 3 blocks away, it's made him have to walk back home more than half the time he rides it...:lol:

Should I even bother to guess the name of said bike? My landlord is huge into bikes and NEVER rides his Harley to work, even though it's 3 blocks away, it's made him have to walk back home more than half the time he rides it...:lol:

Nope, worse - it's a Buell. So, you get all the reliability problems of a Harley and then, when it does break (and, boy oh boy it does that well), the local Hardley-Ableson dealer makes it a royal pain to get parts or service.

Nope, worse - it's a Buell. So, you get all the reliability problems of a Harley and then, when it does break (and, boy oh boy it does that well), the local Hardley-Ableson dealer makes it a royal pain to get parts or service.

Friend of mine had a Buell. The horror stories he would tell shocked the heck out of me. Some of the things he had to deal with sounded like they were out of the 50's.

Still like H&D though. Even though I am just a wannabe.

Okay, so an American could buy a Ford/GM car made in Mexico, so the profits go back to the American executives, or they could buy a Japanese car which is built in America, and thus actually supports the Americans working in the factories. She bought the Camry, which I think is US-built in the NA market, but she could have bought the Ford Fusion, which is Mexican built. Wow.

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant... least of all to a UAW member. That union is killing the US auto industry with the help of the US Congress...

So basically the dumbass vandals are saying.. "BE AMERICAN! WASTE MONEY!"

I'm sorry, but the midwest and the south can just suck my balls dry. if they're too stupid to understand economy they need to just stfu. In my opinion even before the economic and business reasons, i just think the American car industry needs to go belly up. The companies need to give there consumers more credit. To them, americans are mindless little sheep who will buy anything as long as its "American". I say its a complete lack of respect to their consumers and a huge insult. For example, ford builds high quality consumer vehicles like the mondeo, fiesta and euro focus overseas while we get cheap half-assed, leaf-sprung pieces of waste like the mustang, US focus and explorers.

If anything it would free up the market for new manufacturers to come in and restructure what it means to make a good american car, if not the existing US branches of other manufacturers like BMW and toyota to fill the gap, which in turn would still help the economy, but people like those vandals can't seem to see past their own redneck noses.

One point I always make to my friends is that at least here in California, there are barely any cars that are left on the roads from the 90's let alone older or even recent American models. That's because almost all the cars from the 90's and beyond with the exception of rare classic muscle cars, have already broken down or people have traded them in for more reliable and well built cars. American's aren't as stupid as the manufacturers think we are and if people know or have experienced a car that can't even last 10 years, that does not make for repeat business unless were talking about blind stupid rednecks, which unfortunately there are too many of in this country. I swear if your driving on the highways today, you'll see a sea of japanese and euro imports many of which are still around from the 80's and 90's. You can still find honda civics and toyota corollas from the 70's fairly often. jeez and i wonder why American cars are struggling.

Last edited:
So basically the dumbass vandals are saying.. "BE AMERICAN! WASTE MONEY!"

I'm sorry, but the midwest and the south can just suck my balls dry. if they're too stupid to understand economy they need to just stfu. In my opinion even before the economic and business reasons, i just think the American car industry needs to go belly up. The companies need to give there consumers more credit. To them, americans are mindless little sheep who will buy anything as long as its "American". I say its a complete lack of respect to their consumers and a huge insult. For example, ford builds high quality consumer vehicles like the mondeo, fiesta and euro focus overseas while we get cheap half-assed, leaf-sprung pieces of waste like the mustang, US focus and explorers.

If anything it would free up the market for new manufacturers to come in and restructure what it means to make a good american car, if not the existing US branches of other manufacturers like BMW and toyota to fill the gap, which in turn would still help the economy, but people like those vandals can't seem to see past their own redneck noses.

One point I always make to my friends is that at least here in California, there are barely any cars that are left on the roads from the 90's let alone older or even recent American models. That's because almost all the cars from the 90's and beyond with the exception of rare classic muscle cars, have already broken down or people have traded them in for more reliable and well built cars. American's aren't as stupid as the manufacturers think we are and if people know or have experienced a car that can't even last 10 years, that does not make for repeat business unless were talking about blind stupid rednecks, which unfortunately there are too many of in this country. I swear if your driving on the highways today, you'll see a sea of japanese and euro imports many of which are still around from the 80's and 90's. You can still find honda civics and toyota corollas from the 70's fairly often. jeez and i wonder why American cars are struggling.

That may be true in California, but here on the east coast (the smart coast I call it) You'll be lucky to see any 80's Japanese car, and usually when you do it's a piece of shit. I've see G-body Cutlass's and Monte Carlos in better shape than their equally old japanese econo-boxes.

For example, ford builds high quality consumer vehicles like the mondeo, fiesta and euro focus overseas while we get cheap half-assed, leaf-sprung pieces of waste like the mustang, US focus and explorers.

California AND a BMW driver, can't say I'm surprised you said something that stupid.

Show me another car that does what the Mustang does 'better' FOR the price of the Mustang? If you can.

Explorer's only been one of the best selling SUVs in the country since 1990 when it was launched.

This will be hard for a BMW californian like yourself to understand, but 'think' a little bit before you post. :)

For example, ford builds high quality consumer vehicles like the mondeo, fiesta and euro focus overseas while we get cheap half-assed, leaf-sprung pieces of waste like the mustang, US focus and explorers.

You're new at this game, aren't you? The key element of the Mustang is the solid rear axle, instead - the leaf springs belong to the Corvette, another clearly shitty American car. :roll: If you're going to troll about American cars, at least get it right!