2009: Year of the PS3??

GauravA42

Yea, yea, you've heard it before, and 2008 was meant to be the year of the ps3, but it was lukewarm. all we really got was MGS4, and LBP. Haze was a Ginormous flop.

but anyways, honestly, it looks like Sony saved all there AAA titles for this year.

2009 PS3 EXCLUSIVES:

Killzone 2 (HOLY CRAP- Pure Awesomeness)

Heavy Rain (crazy graphics, but creepy story/setting)

Gran Turismo 5 (the Sim of Sims. What more can I say?)

Final Fantasy vs XIII (just Watch the Trailler \/\/)

God of War 3

Uncharted 2 Among thieves (SICK )

InFamous

Quantum Theory

Yakuza 3

XBOX 360 Exclusives:

Halo 3: ODST (its an expansion, meaning its EVEN shorter than Halo 3, so <8 levels. calling that a game is hard =(, but its halo so awesome =), )

Halo Wars (its also halo, but RTS. Bleh.)

Forza 3 (wanna be GT)

ummm thats about it....

Also could this be the year where ps3 actually separates itself graphically? the titles we are seeing, are mainly graphics tour de forces.

here are some Trailers to add to my case: (watch in HD)

Killzone 2, (its a cam so a little blurry, yet awesomeness intact, THIS IS GAMEPLAY)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44158.html

Uncharted 2 (NOT PRE_RENDERED, IN- ENGINE)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43625.html

Heavy Rain (IN GAME)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38636.html

and Finally

Final Fantasy vs XIII (Maybe CG, but i want it so bad)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43746.html

Last edited:
You forgot God of War 3, which may possibly be the best PS3 game of '09.

Don't forget about the online they made some major changes over the pass months. Its still doesn't compare to XBL but maybe towards the summer they can get in to gear.

Edit: Almost forgot about the price drop.

Don't forget about the online they made some major changes over the pass months. Its still doesn't compare to XBL but maybe towards the summer they can get in to gear. /quote]

Hey as long as it stays free, I'm cool with it

(Parents are paranoid about doing online transactions save paying bills)

I've got both and quite frankly I don't give a shit, buy what you like and who cares?

Hey, don't forget Home! You could buy a virtual chair for $1!

I dont think we know the full breadth of lineup for 360 this year yet. Halo 3: ODST is sort of an expansion, but Halo 3 is not required to play. Also, they have already said they will price it lower than a normal title. And at least its new content, unlike the guys who paid for the beta of GT5 (but if you say Prologue that works better than Beta.

Halo Wars may be meh to you, but there are a lot of people interested in something like that. I am not a fan of RTS on consoles, but I know its hotly anticipated.

GT5 - well, maybe it will come out this year. Hopefully. Seriously, what is taking so long?

I picked up an MGS4 PS3 bundle when it launched - I only watch BD on it and otherwise it runs Folding@home. I have honestly only gamed on it for maybe two hours, total. Most of the games that come out on one, come out on the other - and the titles that have been PS exclusive so far haven't been so awesome that I would spend my gaming dollar there, versus on a 360 game. I mean, people frothed at the mouth for the hype from Haze, Lair, Heavenly Sword, etc - but most were not that great. (Not to say Xbox hasnt had some flops, but I cant think of any console exclusives that flopped badly.)

I just finished Fallout 3... as it I still have to finish Lego: Batman, MOH: Airborne, COD 5, Rock Band 2...

I haven't even picked up Gears of War 2 because I have too many games to play right now! Worst. Problem. Ever. :)

One thing, why is Final Fantasy 13 in PS3 exclusives? It's been announced months ago it will be released on 360.

TBH i like neither of the two consoles, as i've had the opportunity to play a few games on each of them, including GTA 4, Fifa 09, DC vs Mortal Combat and others, and as far as i can tell games look outdated and don't run smoothly, so this year will be the year of PC Gaming.

First of all look at this list of exclusives:

Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Sims 3, Empire: Total War, Fable II (Coming to PC with updated textues and such).

And here' the list of cross-platform games, i.e. Xbox 360, PS3, PC:

Mass Effect 2, Overlord 2, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Mafia 2, The Witcher 2, Ghostbusters, Tom Clancy's HAWX, Endwar, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Street Fighter 4, Deus EX 3, Race Driver Grid 2 (questionable), COD Modern Warfare 2.

Quite a bit of those game will be released on 360 and PC only, so PS3 might be left a little bit on the down side, but i am sure Gran Turismo will save it.

Last edited:
One thing, why is Final Fantasy 13 in PS3 exclusives? It's been announced months ago it will be released on 360.

Final Fantasy vs XIII is PS3 exclusive; someone at SquareEnix decided to make another Final Fantasy spin-off, this time of a game that they hadn't even finished yet.

Ya honestly the only two games even on my radar this year are Halo Wars and Halo Recon. I don't think Forza 3 will come out considering it hasn't been announced and if it looks anything like the last game I'll just skip it as I am sick of hype "BEST RACING GRAPHICS EVER OMG 3D GRASS" yet it looked like an xbox 1 game.

GT5 probably wont come out this year, we still haven't heard anything about it at all.

Also I don't see Killzone 2 living up to its hype once again. Sure it looks nice but graphics don't make a game and I'll have to play it first. I'll buy it just to play it on ps3 as its the only console I have at university but besides that the year looks kinda meh for me. I want another Half-Life:D

Final Fantasy vs XIII is PS3 exclusive; someone at SquareEnix decided to make another Final Fantasy spin-off, this time of a game that they hadn't even finished yet.

Actually, they started development at the same time, and to me, FF vs XIII looks alot better, mainly because it has a PROPER battle system, none of this drop- down menu Pokemon RPG shit. its goin to be more like kingdom hearts apparently. and also this game is darker and is way more bad-ass.

PS3 is finally on the shopping list for 2009, (I own PS2, GameCube, Wii, 2xXbox360s (one Elite) and one XBOX Mark 1) I think that the budget will stretch, now what we need is a price cut. ...

sorry when it comes to games machines i prefer to stick with my XBox 360. i own both a PS3 and a XBox 360 and to me the XBox is the superior machine. The Achievements system keeps me playing a game far longer than i normally would and i prefer the desktop of the XBox compared to the PS3 which i find so bland.
I've got a few games for my PS3 such as Warhawk, Resistance and MGS4 (in fact one of the reasons i got the ps3 was for MGS4, Gran Turismo 5 and FF13) but most days i just use it play dvd's or blu ray discs.
the PS3 is a good machine, but i just don't think it was as well thought out as the XBox 360.

I've got both consoles and the one I buy most of the games and spend more time playing with it is the PS3. I don't like the Xbox menu at all, you have to pay for every single item, wait for demos to be released on Silver and pay for online gaming. Yeah, the update in the PSN store suck ass but at least you don't have any of these problems.

About games... I'm also on the PS3 side. Yeah, the Xbox has some pretty cool games, that's why I bought it, but they aren't as Cool and Awesome as some of the press said in its day. Which makes me real mad as I have discovered how most of the press is subjective and most osf the time are on the Xbox side.

Mass Effect for example. I have to say that this game is AWESOME, I think I hadn't enjoyed an RPG like this one for a long time but... I'm sorry but the graphical glitches completely ruin the game. Why none of the reviews said how long it takes the game to load the textures for every single stage, or even cutscenes. Everytime you load a stage I felt I was back in the Nintendo 64 era with those bland textures. And what did the reviews say about this? "Minor loading problems" and thats it! And gave the game an 8 or a 9.

And that's why I also think this will be the PS3 year. We all know all the games listed in the Xbox will recieve high scores (HALO is starting to be like a BMW badge, put one in a pice of shit and people will still buy it) but the PS3 one have an opportunity to strike back. But I have to say that if they don't perform as expected... then the PS3 will have a HARD time to keep up with the 360.

PS3 is finally on the shopping list for 2009, (I own PS2, GameCube, Wii, 2xXbox360s (one Elite) and one XBOX Mark 1) I think that the budget will stretch, now what we need is a price cut. ...

same here, PS3 is definately on my list this year..... though i do like the 360 and live, its really good and theres lot of games i like. but at the moment, my 360 is in it component parts, on my floor because i got the red ring of death.

because i'd already opened it to repair the cd drive, i couldnt send it in for repair because they'd see that the seal was broken.

but they are so cheap now, i may just pick a replacement up off of ebay at some point. ill only need a core/acarde since i already have the hard drive and controllers.

Halo = most overrated game franchise. The single player is such shit that without multiplayer, this game would be in bargain bins in every supermarket in North America.

Halo = most overrated game franchise. The single player is such shit that without multiplayer, this game would be in bargain bins in every supermarket in North America.

actually i think the story was one of the things that helped sell Halo so much. its biggest problem was that in between Halo's 1-3 too many other shooters came out that raised the bar, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, Rainbow Six and so on. Halo never really attempted to push that extra bar but always tried to stay for the middle of the road.

Actually, they started development at the same time, and to me, FF vs XIII looks alot better, mainly because it has a PROPER battle system, none of this drop- down menu Pokemon RPG shit. its goin to be more like kingdom hearts apparently. and also this game is darker and is way more bad-ass.

Congratulations, you win Magazine Racer of The Year! :D

Seriously, you are basing an opinion about a game that is still way far out from being released on what you probably read in PlayStation Magazine.

I'm not really happy with the PS3 in general, but I'm glad it's a Blu Ray player as well.

The only game i'm excited for is GT5. And I want to get that logitech wheel with the 6 speed gearbox & clutch. I think it's priced at $250 or so.

the PS3 is a good machine, but i just don't think it was as well thought out as the XBox 360.

one word.. RRoD.. :rofl::tvhappy::lmao::roflmao:

[YOUTUBE]EGEAIfPAG6Y[/YOUTUBE]