Wow, Pointless

Heh, reminds me how heavy mods always show up on bottom of the line cars. Why not spend a little more and get better equipment and maybe even a more powerful engine from the start? Sure, you have to wait a lot longer for the questionable body kit and aftermarket lights, but at least you'll have air con.

Whats the point of spending more money on equipment you're going to rip out and replace anyway?

For example, if I was buying an Evo X, I'd buy a stripped, basic RS since I don't need any of the poncy shit like leather seats and big stereo that come in the more expensive versions.

The worst for me is huge rims. I have seen so many cars, older Sentras, Civics, Corollas, Camrys and so on with dubs or even 22" on them. No work done to suspension, no pulled and rolled fenders, nothing at all to make the wheels fit. Basically all it does is make the car look like a retarded version of a monster truck....

Another thing is colored tints. Why in the world would you want red tints on your car?

P.S. I actually think that Corolla-S looks better than regular Corolla.
Whats the point of spending more money on equipment you're going to rip out and replace anyway?

For example, if I was buying an Evo X, I'd buy a stripped, basic RS since I don't need any of the poncy shit like leather seats and big stereo that come in the more expensive versions.
You missed the point somewhat. We are not talking about getting the "enthusiast" or "track" version of a car because you are looking for performance. We are talking about an 85HP Civic that has a 200lbs body kit on it with a $3,000 system in it that sounds like crap because the guy has no idea on how to balance audio systems. Yet with all that money spent on the car there isn't even A/C in there.

Last edited:
Hmmm, most of the ricer cars I see around usually are quiet "poshly-specced" stock cars, to which the owners then drop about 4 times the value of the car on useless crap.

Worst one I've seen at uni was a 200SX with Silver tint, 20-inch chromes and the biggest spoiler outside of a GT race meeting. The quad tailpipes didn't help either.

I guess when I look at a car, the first thing that comes to mind is "What in here is unnecessary and can be stripped" whereas other go "How much money and taste can I throw away".

Last edited:
I did see a guy with an Accord strip out the inside of his car to make it lighter but only to add a huge speaker box and amps.

as i have been thinking and i drove by a very big ford dealer he locally, i remembered something, you know who makes a car butt ugly? Rousch, i think the stuff they do to mustangs is terrible. aside from nice wheels and some neat stuff on the inside, they really do make an ugly body kit. ill probobly be yelled at for daring to say that, but, get a picture of one and then just sit there and look at it. see? UGLY!

Last edited:
I'm still wondering why anyone needs 26" and 28" inch rims on an old Impala.

I did see a guy with an Accord strip out the inside of his car to make it lighter but only to add a huge speaker box and amps.

as i have been thinking and i drove by a very big ford dealer he locally, i remembered something, you know who makes a car butt ugly? Rousch, i think the stuff they do to mustangs is terrible. aside from nice wheels and some neat stuff on the inside, they really do make an ugly body kit. ill probobly be yelled at for daring to say that, but, get a picture of one and then just sit there and look at it. see? UGLY!

I often wondered why you need a kilowatt audio system in a car. It's fine to put some nice speakers in it and a subwoofer with an amp and a good head unit so that you have high quality audio but what is the point of one that I can hear coming from 3 blocks away?
thats a whole different thing, thats just looks there. i think its who can get the biggest rims.
627136-Cat_797_worlds_largest_truck-Edmonton.jpg

This guy wins pretty much.....

Last edited:
thats a whole different thing, thats just looks there. i think its who can get the biggest rims.

I know it's more about image at that point. If you're investing in a lift kit to fit 30" inch rims on, you're not seriously considering cornering ability in the slightest. I just say it still looks silly. :)

Does that person know how little 102 hp is? :blink:

The name of the game when modifying is: Keep it CLEAN and SIMPLE.

Back in 2007 I really hated what Toyota did here to get the Altis to sell because the new Civic was outselling it. Hence, they came out with this:

corolla_altis_s_01.jpg

corolla_altis_s_05.jpg

corolla_altis_s_03.jpg

corolla_altis_s_02.jpg

It was a base model 1.6L 109bhp Corolla Altis with a BODYKIT that had no imagination, a honeycomb grill to evoke "sportiness" and 15INCH "Sporty" Rims. The interior was worse. 4 speakers, base model trim, and the seats had black and red SYNTHETIC LEATHER (read: plastic) covers.

And it sold the same as a mid range 1.8L model!!!! The sad part is, people BOUGHT the thing!!!

When I bought my civic, at least my dealer was kind enough to spend half an hour going through all the features of the car before he gave me the keys, plus he told me before hand that I really didn't need any options and instead gave me FREE 3M tint. :)

Last edited:
^I don't think that looks too bad. Could be worse.

^I don't think that looks too bad. Could be worse.

you really have to see it in person
- Fender gap + undersized rims
- i don't have a photo of the rear lip spoiler, but it looks so tacked on. Plus, what's the point of putting all those "sporty" goods on a base model car. one that even DOES NOT HAVE AIRBAGS, ABS, and has DRUM REAR BRAKES... :? :blink:

There's nothing wrong with a small spoiler for looks. I've been considering a M-Tech rear boot spoiler or a decklid spoiler for my 530i.

The name of the game when modifying is: Keep it CLEAN and SIMPLE.

Back in 2007 I really hated what Toyota did here to get the Altis to sell because the new Civic was outselling it. Hence, they came out with this:

corolla_altis_s_01.jpg

corolla_altis_s_05.jpg

corolla_altis_s_03.jpg

corolla_altis_s_02.jpg

It was a base model 1.6L 109bhp Corolla Altis with a BODYKIT that had no imagination, a honeycomb grill to evoke "sportiness" and 15INCH "Sporty" Rims. The interior was worse. 4 speakers, base model trim, and the seats had black and red SYNTHETIC LEATHER (read: plastic) covers.

And it sold the same as a mid range 1.8L model!!!! The sad part is, people BOUGHT the thing!!!

When I bought my civic, at least my dealer was kind enough to spend half an hour going through all the features of the car before he gave me the keys, plus he told me before hand that I really didn't need any options and instead gave me FREE 3M tint. :)

this is EXACTLY my point. its nothing to do with it being a japanese car, or euro car or american or aussie or anything, its just the pointless thing that are added to cars because some bigwig, who has NO idea what cool is, thinks its what people want. have they never heard of focus groups? WTF! i would compare that to the pointless Geico commercials we have in the US. just not funny, but, someone up high thinks they are a hit! useless!

i must admit that the grill looks kinda good though. im a fan of black and no chrome on some cars. i will say that the words 15" and sport wheels should never be used in the same sentence when it comes to factory mods.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with a small spoiler for looks. I've been considering a M-Tech rear boot spoiler or a decklid spoiler for my 530i.

that would look nice im sure, one thing i like to do before i purchase anything for my car is see it on another cars like mine to see if its crap or not. some things look great in a picture but in person it dosnt work at all.

I once saw an old pick up, the guy had the body paint bright orange. And he painted his front brake calipers. Amd his rear drum brakes. Unbelievably hideous.

It seems most people who buy a car will put on some generic chrome wheels, give the stereo some more oomf, and be done with it. Or as I go driving, I see tons of Jettas and Yaris' with wheels; always black with a polished lip.

Some people just have different priorities from me, I suppose.