Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

Natacha Gachnang is a RILF!
natacha-gachnang_2.jpg

natacha-gachnang_3.jpg

P.S. Before you ask, Henry Surtees, Alex Brundle and Jolyon Palmer are indeed related to John Surtees, Martin Brundle and Jonathan Palmer. And the only girl in the field, Natacha Gachnang, is actually Sebastian Buemi's cousin.

Wasn't Alex Brundle racing in the Formula Palmer Audi series a while ago? I remember seeing Martin Brundle there to support his son or soemthing...

Wasn't Alex Brundle racing in the Formula Palmer Audi series a while ago? I remember seeing Martin Brundle there to support his son or soemthing...

Yeah, Martin raced his son in FPA at Spa last year as a one-off. Don't know about Brundle Jr.'s results, but Brundle Sr. finished all the races in the top 10 AFAIK.

Very good going from a 50-year-old man...

Yeah, Martin raced his son in FPA at Spa last year as a one-off. Don't know about Brundle Jr.'s results, but Brundle Sr. finished all the races in the top 10 AFAIK.

Very good going from a 50-year-old man...

That's it. I remembered about that, since I tried to download the races but couldn't find any torrents available. :cry:

I was thinking more in terms of the current 2009 season.

I would assume there won't be changes during 2009. Both Vauxhall in BTCC and Chevrolet in WTCC are run by private companies (Triple Eight Engineering and Ray Mallock Limited respectively) with financing from GM. The companies commit to these kinds of programmes for a full year at the time (if not more) so I assume GM has paid their share of the budgets a long time ago.

On the finish line of the final lap of today's first WTCC race BMW Germany's Jorg Muller slammed on the brakes and let about four competitors through just to get pole in the reverse grid next race, and I died a little inside. Fuck the WTCC, that's not racing,

Is the top-8 inverted like GP2? If he let four by, why not just sit there and be smack in the middle? That's just a waste of points...

WTCC does indeed have reverse grid for the top eight.

J?rg only let two cars past at the end of the race, his BMW teammates Augusto Farfus and Andy Priaulx. I would think that letting Farfus past was... erm... 'suggested' by the team because he is BMW's top driver in the championship standings. Why he'd let Priaulx past I don't know, but as he was close to Farfus that could have been unintentional.

That's my theory anyway. I don't think J?rg would do that just for two extra grid spots, especially as it wasn't even for pole position (the move promoted him from fifth to third in the grid).

I was just browsing some old comments from the 2009 F1 pre-season thread.

It's amusing to see people commenting about the pace of the Brawn BGP 001, putting it down to an "underweight car", and claiming that teams like McLaren were "sandbagging"... And we know what has happened in the first six races of 2009. :)

Lol, I love reading these old threads, eventhough some of the comments ruin people credability...:p

Hopefully not a repost...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51_aBqDa988&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

:eek::shock:

I'm still processing the awesomeness of this clip.

Jeez. What caused him to lose his seat? Too much wheelspin? I don't know anything about bikes.

Jeez. What caused him to lose his seat? Too much wheelspin? I don't know anything about bikes.

Looks like he's coming out of a highsider. On the throttle too early and starts to slide and then the rear wheel snaps back inline when he lifts of the throttle..

Example:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry56aD3gmHw[/YOUTUBE]

The BTCC have announced the cars racing in 2011 will be a new NGTC 'next-gen touring car' class of car. This means the cars will now have to be bigger saloons with 2.0 turbocharged engines now putting out 300bhp.

Will this mean a return to the glory days of supertouring? I hope so.

2585199373_2b22003afc.jpg

That is good news. The current cars always seemed a bit weedy, like they need a bit more grunt.

And that volvo looks class. :thumbsup: