INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Hi all, found Final Gear a few years ago looking for Top Gear and I regularly visit the forum for information and news about the shows and stuff.

Greatings from Portugal!!

Name's John. I live (rather conveniently) in Irvine, California.
I'm a high school student, with plans to study architecture in the near future.
I sometimes tend to have a "pissed off at the world" mood, which explains my preference towards Audi's "Angry Brows".

Within the near future, I plan on getting an old beater 240SX to drive in whatever way I see fit. If it's not destroyed after my attempts at drifting, etc etc, it'll serve as
1. A token of sentimentality and/or
2. A collector's car.

Hey I'm Ryan from Fort Wayne, Indiana. I am still in high school and interests in the I.T. field. I mainly don't watch tv but I enjoy to watch scca pro style races and the paris dakar rally. I work at a local pizza shop where I get most of my revenue for my car. I recently bought a nice 1980 Plymouth Volare Custom Wagon with only 47K miles. It only has a slant six in it right now, but I have plans to put a 318 or 360 in it. When all my friends roll up in civics and other tuners I come in the wagon lol. They all think I am crazy for trying to make a race wagon... right now I am working on the suspension first. Pictures on my profile albums.

Last edited:
Hey I'm Ryan from Fort Wayne, Indiana. I am still in high school and interests in the I.T. field. I mainly don't watch tv but I enjoy to watch scca pro style races and the paris dakar rally. I work at a local pizza shop where I get most of my revenue for my car.
Welcome! I can relate. ;)

Hello everyone! I've been a long time lurker but finally decided to join. I'm from Connecticut, and I'm starting graduate school in the fall. I'm a big fan of Top Gear, even though I'm not too into cars. I currently have a 1991 Volvo 240 wagon, which I share with my mom.

Just wanted to say hi! :)

Hello everyone! I've been a long time lurker but finally decided to join. I'm from Connecticut, and I'm starting graduate school in the fall. I'm a big fan of Top Gear, even though I'm not too into cars. I currently have a 1991 Volvo 240 wagon, which I share with my mom.

Just wanted to say hi! :)

Creeper status, haha. :D

Hi guys, im surfing the final gears forums for a few years now, but never registerd myself. I'm a very big fan of topgear, fifth gear, some other nice carshows (garage 519) and a great fan of supercars and everything else with a a lot of horsepowers :D.

Last edited:
Hello (insert James Alfa May for funnies).

Anyway, been lurking around around these forums as guest for years, and I've been very happy getting all I need to know about most awesomest TV-series...in the world. So, good work and keep it up for another Top Gear season you guys.

Yes, and I know...this first post took a while.

Last edited:
Hi, I?m Ben!

I live in New Zealand and am currently not employed.
I am an armature 3D Modeller by hobby, I use Google SketchUp to model my own designs of cars and others too.
My main interests are great cars, Rally and good music and my favourite car show is TopGear.

Feel free to check out my 3D models: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?viewer=02629758583829625845&scoring=d

I hope to see some of you good people around this place!

Hello :wave: I'm Katie, lurker around here for the past few months. I have been a big Top Gear fan since 2003, when I started watching it on BBC Prime...thankfully I now have BBC One!

I'm also a (relatively new) large F1 fan, and thankfully the subforum on these boards seems a lot less scary than some of the other ones!

Heya, the name is Paul. I'm not exactly a car enthusiast but moreso a Top Gear fan, and I accidentally stumbled across this site while searching for some Top Gear songs, and your "What's that song" subforum was pretty much a godsend.

I've been lurking here on and off for like a year or 2 so i figured it's about time to finally make an account, if only for the sake of having one. :)

Also here due to automated recommendation

I am a true "Petrol Head" who was born with a steering wheel in my hand. I began racing go-carts at 8 years old, and graduated to ice racing at 19 years old. I've raced in amateur series in this area including the Honda-Michelin series back in the late 80s. But, eventually had to get responsible (2 daughters...) and just do some fun rallying in the summer months.

Born and raised in the Muskoka area of Ontario, I now sadly reside in the suburbs of Toronto that Rush so aptly described in the song "Subdivisions". I am the fixed operations manager at a Toronto area Acura dealer and have spent 25 years in the auto industry with Honda/Acura, Mazda, and a brief stint opening a new Hyundai dealer that our company got involved with a couple of years ago.

I am a HUGE fan of Top Gear and just wish BBC Canada would air the series in Chronological order! Strangely, I feel a strong bond with the (white) Stig and believe that I was separated from him at birth.

Last edited:
I have been a big Top Gear fan since 2003, when I started watching it on BBC Prime...thankfully I now have BBC One!

Yes, I'm sure that is quite helpful, especially considering that Top Gear is on BBC Two. :p;)

:welcome: everyone!

hey, my name is Aike. I'm a Dutch car enthusiast and I've been reading this forum for quite a while now. I drive a Mitsubishi Colt 1.3 (CJ0). I work as a Linux-nerd for a large detachment agency.

here is a picture of 'the thing';
media1.jpg