2009 Le Mans/LMS/ALMS Thread

P1
Drama in P1! Sebastien Bourdais took the lead Peugeot to pits just before the end of the sixth hour and the car went straight to garage for repairs that took nine minutes. That has handed the lead to the #9 Peugeot with Alex Wurz behind the wheel and promoted #1 with Dindo Capello and #2 with Lucas Luhr up to second and third. Now the top three is within less than a minute. Behind them the #008 Aston Martin holds fourth at the moment and the Pescarolo Peugeot has climbed up to fifth place after #007 suffered a puncture and lost time. The #8 is now scored on eight place after it's trouble ahead of the #007 Aston Martin. The Kolles Audis hold eighth with #14 car and ninth with #15 and the #11 Oreca Matmut car rounds up the top ten.

P2
Keisuke Kunimoto is extending the Navi Team Goh's lead over the Team Essex Posrche currently driven by Emmanuelle Collard, it's nearly 16 seconds now. Speedy Racing Lola is still on third and RML Lola on fourth despite being hit in the rear by the Hancook Farnbacher Ferrari earlier. GAC Racing Zytek is on fifth and Barazi Epsilon Zytek on sixth.

GT1
Guess what? #63 leads #64 ahead of #73 and #72. The gaps are now in minutes so no changes expected without safety cars or technical problems.

GT2
Just after the last update the Imsa Performance Porsche also hit trouble with engine problems. The car lost five minutes in the pits which put down to fourth. Also in trouble was the Flying Lizards car which suffered puncture and lost another big chunk of time. This has promoted the #82 Risi Ferrari with Mika Salo at the wheel to the lead ahead of Andrew Kirkaldy in the JMW Motorsports Ferrari and Gimmi Bruni in the AF Corse Ferrari. The Imsa Performance car holds fourth with Scuderia Italia Ferrari on fifth and the lone Spyker on sixth.

thanks for the updates Hazardus, really helps when I have to mail some stuff and go to the bank. +Rep

That's a huge blow to Peugeot. What were the problems with the car that they had to take it inside?

Great battle in GT2!

Puncture!
edit: perhaps no puncture anyway, but that didn't seem a driver error.

Last edited:
Looked liked he had a puncture or a suspension failure then he lost the car. Debris on the track?

No matter how much he wants it to keep going, I think it's over for car No. 2...

damn, this is exactely what dindo capello said could happen. Because of the extra 30 kg, the car is not that secure to drive and that could be why it spun off.

Luhr has got the wreck fired up again. Would be interesting to see if he could make it back to the pits, it's not that far from the pit lane... The hit was to the tyre barriers so maybe fixing it would not be impossible, depends on whether the tub and the engine are damaged.

Nevertheless the car is out of the running for top places, and now there's only one Audi in the running for the win...

...thank god it's the one with a certain Tom Kristensen in it...

Luhr, "NOO! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY, I will drag this car to the pits and Audi mechanics will do their magic."

"automotive triage" was what radio le mans just used to describe audi #2's situation.

Ah finally Lucas Luhr gets out of the car, I admire his determinations.

Update: Pescarola #17 just passed Aston Martin #008.

COME ON ANT get him back!

What is happening with number 3 R15? Is it out?