NCIS spin off announced

nate_bartlet

i'm not sure how long the news has been out and i just checked the thread history and saw no mention of this. However i have just found out about a NCIS spin off called NCIS: Los Angeles starring LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell in the new show which begins this fall.
As a massive NCIS fan i am really looking forward to seeing this and hopefully it won't turn into a CSI:NY or worse, CSI: Miami. Much like how the NCIS team appeared in a 2 part episode of JAG, there will be a 2 part pilot episode for NCIS:LA (which according to Wikipedia has already aired).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCIS:_Los_Angeles

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9x31iRPWH4[/YOUTUBE]

It was announced some time ago, they actually showed the entire cast when the NCIS team went to LA. I hope it's a decent spinoff.

Apparently the head woman of the team in LA will not be coming back for the series. Audiences responded poorly to her.

I'll watch the spinoff and hopefully won't spend the hour comparing it to its predecessor.

It ain't NCIS without Gibbs, DiNozzo, McGee, Ducky, Ziva, or crazy cuts herself chick.

Yeah, this is really old news.

It was announced some time ago, they actually showed the entire cast when the NCIS team went to LA. I hope it's a decent spinoff.
That was actually the pilot for the show. They're just gonna reair it.

Yeah, this is really old news.

Ah apologies for posting old news. i had only found out about it yesterday and was one of the few times where i had what Bart Simpson called a "Pleasure Overload"

I'm not so sure. As I said, the actress who was the head of the team has been replaced.

I'm not so sure. As I said, the actress who was the head of the team has been replaced.

i remember them doing the same to a actress in the NCIS pilot in JAG. She was in the 2 part pilot and then was written out.

i remember them doing the same to a actress in the NCIS pilot in JAG. She was in the 2 part pilot and then was written out.

In both cases it was what they call a "backdoor pilot": Testing the market for a spin-off by making them meet the team of the original series...

The actress changed from the NCIS backdoor pilot was the role that eventually became Kate (for those newer-to-the-series: she was killed in season two and replaced by Ziva) - replacing the team leader would be different... but most likely they won't bother with another "backdoor pilot" featuring the original NCIS cast but simply start off the series with a fresh pilot of its own.

In the meantime, everyone interested should get NCIS S06E22 and NCIS S06E23 from a bay, it's worth a watch... especially McGee's "We really need one of these." (whenever the L.A. team uses a tech gadget never seen before on the series)

Last edited:
Only now I find out that USA is airing both parts of "Legend." Only now I realized I accidentally hit my recorder before "Legend" started so I can watch the parts I missed.

TV Guide reports that Linda Hunt (from The Year of Living Dangerously and Kindergarten Cop) has been added to the cast.

Last edited:
I would prefer a spin-off where Ziva and Abby spend the entire episodes dressed in bikinis, shooting guns.

well you could technically say its true of the CSI franchise. CSI Las Vegas was spun off into CSI Miami with a episode in the 2nd season of CSI Las Vegas.
Then in CSI Miami there was the same case again in season 2 with CSI:NY and if i recall correctly they did it again with a 2 part crossover with CSI:Miami and CSI:NY. I don't think at any point CSI:NY has been connected or tied to CSI: Las Vegas.