Formula1.com Vids music

"Kaiser" Michael Schumacher - The Best of F1

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yu6IsEKIz4[/YOUTUBE]

Makes my eyes water.. :(

Well, it had music..so I thought...bahh nevermind.. :D

Italy is out the song is Supergrass - Pumping on your stereo

Why do they on Sutil's cam 'use that overtake button mate'. Do they have KERS?

Last edited:
Italy is out the song is Supergrass - Pumping on your stereo

Why do they on Sutil's cam 'use that overtake button mate'. Do they have KERS?

No, it's another engine mapping, probably richer fuel mixture, actual rev limiter moved to 17999 instead of 17600 or something. It's the exact opposite of the SC mapping. ;)

Anyone know what the song was on the intoduction to the coverage?

I even mentioned it in the race thread!:lol:

It's Muse - Exogenesis. Exogenesis Part 1: Overture, to be precise.

I should have known...

I thought the music during the segments in the buildup was exceptional today. Very, very good.

What's the last song in the 2007 Season Review ?

First Song: Phat Planet- Leftfield

Second Song: Kasabian- Shoot the Runner

But What is the Third song name ?

Last edited:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, that singapore video might just be the best ever.

I know its impossible, but has someone found a way to download it? I'd be very appreciative.

If you're comfortable with reading XML and using command line programs I can write up how I download the videos.

Singapore:
Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top
Still Of The Night - Whitesnake

i've tried playing with the XML and source code a while back but never seemed to get it right. i would greatly appreciate a write up.

Singapore 2009 race edit is out now. It's excellent and seems about twice as long as the usual video.

Really good video, it really shows that F1 (or racing of any kind) is Rock 'n Roll! ^^
Loved Mika jumping up & down in the McLaren garage about 1/3 in. :lol:

The basic method to download the videos is to find the stream URL and then dump the stream to a file.

The first step is to find the hash of the video you want. This is what the server uses to identify the file.

Italicised text in the code blocks needs to be changed.
Code:
metadata.f1.services.nativ-systems.com/assets.xml?cachebuster=[i]random number[/i]
Replace random number with a fist to the num pad. This is only to prevent the file being pulled from a cache either on your computer or from somewhere between you and the server.

Open the resulting URL in your browser. The XML lists all the videos available grouped by race. Find the race you want. Under that race node extend the assets node. This contains Onboard and Race Edit as defined by the category attribute. Under the asset node is the list of videos of that category for that race. Copy the infohash of the video you want.

The second step is to find the closest Velocix node to you.
Code:
flash.velocix.com/bt/[i]hash[/i]/flash?format=xml2&protocol=rtmp
Replace hash with the infohash of the video you want. Open the resulting URL in your browser.

The file that your browser will try to open is XML, but because the content-type isn't set to text/xml you may be prompted to download it. Open it with your browser or anything else that will show XML.
There will be a single streamname node and a list of rtmpurl nodes. You will need both for the next step so keep this open.

Next is to create the RTMP URL. This just consists of sticking together a rtmpurl and streamname.
Code:
[rtmpurl]/mp4:[streamname]

You can use the RTMP URL with any program that can play RTMP streams (VLC, Moyea Web Player).
The best way I've found is to dump the whole stream to a flash video file and do any converting I needed afterwards.
Grab flvstreamer for your OS from http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/flvstreamer then execute the following command, replacing stream url with the RTMP URL from the previous step and filename with whatever you want the stream saved as.
Code:
flvstreamer -r [i]stream url[/i] -o [i]filename[/i].flv

Reactions: Oso
i seem to be having trouble composing the RTMP URL. i have the streamname (bt-xxx) and two rtmp urls (rtmp://x.x.x.x/flash) in an xml document but when i try to use the composed url, vlc and flvstreamer crash. do you think you could clear up the RTMP URL step? i'm thinking that i didn't stick them together correctly and that's why i'm getting errors. thanks.