Lens Flair

Reason is, is that it was 1/80th sec. I have incredibly shaky hands - so the slowest I can get to sharp is really 1/125 :(

You might find a stabilzed lens useful. :)

Also, what focal length was the photo taken at? I've got very steady hands (no IS, I hand hold a standard focal length at 1/15s), but I've never seen anyone not able to hand hold wide angle at 1/80s. You might have had more luck if you used the wide end of your lens. :)

That was at 55mm with f4.2. I use a Sigma 17-70, so no IS, but I just cannot hand hold above that. Mostly they are fine though...

Wow, dudeman, you're shaky like a mofo. Tuck your arms in, breathe slowly, squeeze the shutter button. If that doesn't help, you're hopeless :p

omg it's tilted :eek:

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2009/11/01/IMG_4396.jpg

4067006030_c067058d4d_o.jpg

WB set to buildings white, hence the weird colored sky..
main.php

Need to get an external shutter release thing and not just keep pressing the shutter in bulb mode, would make it far less blurry...

I like the perspective and the diagonal lines. Make the shutter slower and I am sold.
1/125th is about as slow as I could go without showing my hand shaking uncontrollably on the dirt road ;)

Man, I feel your pain. It's been overcast FOR ALL OF FRICKING OCTOBER except for one or two days.
I LOVE overcast weather during any motorsport events / car photoshoots I do, because the light is so smooth, and no fking harsh shadows/reflections. I used to watch weather forecast for weeks before big rally events and got really "nervous" about it, hoping it wouldn't rain etc. - but I learned not to care about weather at all - if it rains, then there are going to be puddles and that makes it look more interesting - you're gonna get soaked, so what? It's just a water, shit happends. MOAR OVERCAST DAYS PLOX! ;)

Need to get an external shutter release thing and not just keep pressing the shutter in bulb mode, would make it far less blurry...

Just a basic remote will do the trick. The Nikon one works so that you press the remote button once, then a second time when you wish to stop it. I don't know about Sonys, but using the shutter button on the camera means you have to hold it down.

Anyways - more from Devon. 3x 2.5 sec exposures - resting it on a rock as I had no tripod with me.

LOVE overcast weather during any motorsport events / car photoshoots I do, because the light is so smooth, and no fking harsh shadows/reflections.
Oh, no doubt, if you're shooting an outdoor event, overcast can be really nice to have for even lighting and soft shadows. I just have a lot of difficulty shooting "in general" (read: nature and whatever is around me when I'm out for a walk) in anything but golden hour :(

EDIT: apparently, the anonymous cowards who left me neg rep for my comment at the top of this page missed an entire page of the funny picture thread :rolleyes:

Last edited: