Cars With Pillarless Doors or Popup Headlights

24719930027_large.jpg

I love that

and this (assuming those stupid 70's vent windows don't count as a pillar)...

porsche914web2.jpg

Last edited:
and this (assuming those stupid 70's vent windows don't count as a pillar)...

Hey, I like those "stupid 70's vent windows".

The last Australian Mitsubishi Magna had pillarless doors. Nice to see them on a 'normal' car, rather than a (relatively) expensive sports car.
24719930027_large.jpg

I love that

Beautiful.

I must say, I am quite surprised as to the responses to what is actually considered a slightly dull family car over here, they even made an estate version.:p They are nice cars though, the AWD version especially.

^estates rule

me too, that way you can open a windows without having a draft in the cabin...and very usefull to tick ashes off a cigaret

Jaguar XJC:
1976-JAGUAR-XJC-COUPE-RACE-CAR.FRNT-ANGLE.JPEG

Jaguar XJS Convertible:
01437670-photo-jaguar-xjs-xjs-v12-a.jpg

Of course, my former X100 XK and the XJ220 (which also has an interesting variation on pop-up lights - rotate-away-covers).

One that I'm really surprised hasn't been mentioned yet is the 89-94 Ford/Mercury Capri.
800px-Mercury-Capri.jpg

Come to think of it, I suspect most people would want to forget about that thing. It's a FWD Miata, basically.

One that I'm really surprised hasn't been mentioned yet is the 89-94 Ford/Mercury Capri.
800px-Mercury-Capri.jpg

Come to think of it, I suspect most people would want to forget about that thing. It's a FWD Miata, basically.

Ah yes the Capri. Ford's answer to the MX5. Built from Mazda parts.

There's a couple of cheap cabrio Capris for sale in Germany. I'd drive one, even if they seem to have a terrible dashboard design and a Taurus steering wheel.

They'd have to be cheap, they were a disgrace to the Capri name. It was a Mazda 323 with a convertible body made by Ford in Australia. It drove like a 323 and had the added benifit of a commonly leaking roof.

The funniest ones were the later ones called "Clubsport" or something, and they had plastic inserts over the rear lights in an attempt to make it look like a Corvette :lol:.

Still, theres a 1990 Ford Capri XR2i Turbo on Carsales for $2000. Cheap roofless motoring.

Ah you see, I don't see it as a real Capri anyway, just an interesting version of a 323. :)

^ LOL most days I park for class there's a white Capri in the same all day car-park that I use. Whoever owns it keeps it in really good condition. Still a stupid car, though. Why would anyone choose that over an MX5 / Miata?
:?

^Yes, but also crap, pointless and ugly. They're really one of those 'try-hard' cars. I don't like those cars*

*Even though my own car does sort of fall into this category with its useless spoiler and 'sports' suspension. :lol:

LOL. I guess I hate them because of the cars they were attached to in my memory :? Some terrible, terrible land yachts in my childhood.

The answer to the original question is simple. The MKIII Toyota Supra (86-92)

It has pillarless doors, and popup headlights.

lakesupra4.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I just have to state that I love retro cars and I love pop up headlights (because they embody the 80s, my favorite age for sports cars).

But I hate pillar-less doors, I like the look, very sleek. But I've driven a car with those for nearly a year: my dad's 1995 Lexus ES300.

I like to have the windows down all the time and the glass is a major part of the structure, so if you roll it down, you have a piece of cardboard. Everytime I shut the door, the door panels rattle.

In terms of function, I like my Mercedes' doors better.