My S2000... one year later..

Okay, quick question, the titanium exhaust system is lighter, but wats the colour for? Is it burnt to strengthen the ends of the exhaust ? Does it make it more resistant to breaking?

It's blue to make it look more stupid.

2nvtco8.jpg

I like the burnt tips.

Some cool projects you've got going. And the results are awesome. I'm not even only referring to the Honda. Respect for this hobby. :) This is what I wanna do when I grow up. You know, build big toys from CF.

Love it!

Love the fender work! Love the wheels! Love the exhaust! Can I haz pweaze? :D

Heh, they kind of do look good dont they? Its cuz it does look way more aggressive.
I'm pretty sure though, its not for aesthetics. The titanium exhaust kit for the GT-R has the blue tips as well. and everyone Knows the GT-R isnt all about the looks. :p

I wouldn't say impossible, but applying this to your example, you'd have to make a rigidity test for every body panel in order to be allowed to put it on the car. That'd mean that you'd have to make all of them twice (cause one will be destroyed during testing) and the costs for the testing alone would be thousands of Euros.
Wow! :? That explains the number of factory-tuned German cars.
Some cool projects you've got going. And the results are awesome. I'm not even only referring to the Honda. Respect for this hobby. :) This is what I wanna do when I grow up. You know, build big toys from CF.
Thanks!
Okay, quick question, the titanium exhaust system is lighter, but wats the colour for? Is it burnt to strengthen the ends of the exhaust ? Does it make it more resistant to breaking?
Heh, they kind of do look good dont they? Its cuz it does look way more aggressive.
I'm pretty sure though, its not for aesthetics. The titanium exhaust kit for the GT-R has the blue tips as well. and everyone Knows the GT-R isnt all about the looks. :p
You're right that titanium exhausts do turn blue from heat on welds and from hard driving. However almost all blue tips you see on aftermarket exhausts are purposely burnt for aesthetics, they don't serve any purpose.

The exhaust I went with is the Greddy Spectrum Elite and is stainless steel not titanium, and only comes in burnt-tips.
Titanium exhausts are definitely lighter, but are much more brittle from heat cycles which make them much more vulnerable to cracking from daily driving.
Since the s2000 is my daily driver, I decided very early on to go with stainless and bought this based on the sound, fitment, build quality, and it's stock-ish look (minus the color).

I personally prefer subtle tip on an oval muffler, so choices are very limited especially on 70mm singles. If price isn't an issue this would be my exhaust of choice:
http://www.gotuning.com/product_info.php?fPath=S2000_2_27&products_id=66
It's fine, I understand the blue tip isn't for everyone, but because I bought it for my own enjoyment I respect and appreciate your opinion regardless. :thumbup:

Thanks to those for your compliments.

Last edited:
Holy ossum, deserves some raep :D

Definitely the way i want to go should i ever try my hand at DIY mods

Hey chili, at the risk of sounding really boring, can I ask what oil you're running? I just put Castrol Syntec Full Synthetic 10w30 in my car today because I was starting to hear a lot of valvetrain clatter/injector noise at warm idle. It sounds a lot better now. Car had whatever the dealer put into it when they prepped it for sale (probably "Honda oil" which is just rebranded Mobil).

great great work, ive always wanted one but could never afford, alas i went with with my little eco box the Scion Tc. slow but i like it
p.s. good choice on the color. i love me some white
2h6sl06.jpg

Are you a drug dealer?

could you post a video for the exhaust sound?

great work! extremely jealous

Hehe I know where you took most of the outside shots :tease:

Love the work you did, absolutely fabulous :) Other S2k owners would probably be interested in having you make more of your parts if you were interested in making money. Then again having one-off parts is way cooler ;)

Hehe I know where you took most of the outside shots :tease:

Love the work you did, absolutely fabulous :) Other S2k owners would probably be interested in having you make more of your parts if you were interested in making money. Then again having one-off parts is way cooler ;)

I attend Cars and Coffee quite often, you might see me in the spectator parking lot. :thumbup:

Few updated pictures, cap installed.

AP2-exhaustcap_397.jpg

AP2-exhaustcap_404.jpg

AP2-exhaustcap_409.jpg

AP2-exhaustcap_413.jpg

AP2-exhaustcap_418.jpg

IMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5221.JPG

IMG_5224.JPG

IMG_5229.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG