Geneva 2010: Alfa Romeo Giulietta stops traffic: New Hatch!

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
Very nice looking hatch. :thumbup:

I hope Alfa's coming to the US soon.... :(

Geneva 2010: Alfa Romeo Giulietta stops traffic

Source: Autoblog

Romeo & Giulietta. The names go together like gin and tonic. And now, finally, after a quarter century, the star-crossed nameplate has returned. We just got our first look up close here at the Geneva Motor Show, and it's left us hoping ? nay, praying ? that the sumptuous new hatchback makes it Stateside.

Fortunately there's a glimmer of hope to hold on to. While Fiat/Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne weighs the brand's future, the Giulietta ? Italy's assault on the likes of the Audi A3 and BMW 1 Series, but crucially priced closer to a Golf or Focus ? may very well be Alfa's last new product for the next while at least. But whether it's meant to tide us over or whet our pallets ? or better yet, drive us around our daily grind ? the Giulietta looks stylishly up to the task.

07-alfa-romeo-giulietta-live.jpg

11-alfa-romeo-giulietta-live.jpg

05-alfa-romeo-giulietta-live.jpg

02-alfa-romeo-giulietta-live.jpg

21-alfa-romeo-giulietta-live.jpg

22-alfa-romeo-giulietta-live.jpg

23-alfa-romeo-giulietta-live.jpg

25-alfa-romeo-giulietta-live.jpg

16-alfa-romeo-giulietta-live.jpg

Full Gallery Here

Last edited:
THIS

alfa_romeo_giulietta_sprint.jpg

is a Giulietta.

Take that travesty away, I never want to see it again in my life. Ever.

Last edited:
Mmmmmmmmm it's so delicious I could eat it with a spoon!

No, just no. Those headlamps shouldn't have existed in the first place, neither the 8c or the mi-to look good with them and what the fuck is it with that interior? That's not an alfa romeo interior!

:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Take that travesty away, I never want to see it again in my life. Ever.

Naturally, I disagree :) I prefer the new Guilietta to the the old one. The old one looks like a soap box.

I would seriously buy this instead of a Golf GTI.

YUMMY!!!

Alfa_Romeo-Giulietta_2011_photo_05.jpg

It's good but not great from the front and the 1/4, but man, that 3/4 view is stunning.

Is this priced against luxury cars, or like the GTI and C30? If it's the latter, I could totally see it as my next car if it drove decently. What a stunner.

What were they thinking when they were designing the front-end of it? They should've made the front-end more Brera-like, IMO.

I see and think: Brera...but better.

WANT!!!!

Oh hells yes, I would drop my Audi in a heartbeat for that beaut.

DO WANT! The front has the same sales problem as the MiTo's: Looks brilliant in real life, but awkward in press photos.

The front makes it look like some kind of a rodent. And as usual for Alfa, they will try to sell the tech of the better looking Fiat Bravo for the price of a BMW.

DO WANT! The front has the same sales problem as the MiTo's: Looks brilliant in real life, but awkward in press photos.

Completely agree.

Always thought the MiTo looked kinda funny in pictures, but seeing a few in real life, it's a very good looking car.

I'd like to make sweet love with that rear. Gorgeous!

I hate the 8C lights and nose on anything but the 8C, this looks better than the silly MiTo though. Radio looks a bit cheap.

Oh crap, now I saw how the grille, lamps and that huge wide hole make a happy face..what has been seen..aaaaaarrrgggghhh

Last edited:
Looks awesome, DO WANT!

Mmmmm...suede-y bits on the wheel.