Brabus Vanish - Because the stock SL Black is just too slow. (New pics page 2)

well i had a massive reading fail there and read "Brabus Vanish - because stock of SL65 AMG black is too low"

i was like how can Brabus go under because one car is in short supply? lol

I guess I'll have the SLS AMG and take the rest on a gift certificate, kthxbai.

Does it have the tagline....
"The Brabus Vanish- Bang! And the Merc is gone!"?

Well it should...

Renntech one-upping..

07renntechsl65bser.jpg

Honestly I love the "fuck you poor people" attitude. It gives me something to work for, otherwise I would sit at home and jack off all day. Envy drives the world, to get a girl/car/house/motorcycle/boat et al. ITs not as if almost anyone can't have a 800HP car, one can stick a huge crate motor in just about anything, but the exclusivity and engineering is what you pay for.

Not to mention the SL black just looks badass.

I still think it should've got a manual trans and a V8, but anyway.

New photos:

01brabusvanishstudio.jpg

06brabusvanishstudio.jpg

13brabusvanishstudio.jpg

18brabusvanishstudio.jpg

17brabusvanishstudio.jpg

19brabusvanishstudio.jpg

20brabusvanishstudio.jpg

24brabusvanishstudio.jpg

800hp, 1,047lbft of torque and 206mph of pure WANT.

Last edited:
FUCK YEAH.

Unless those are some Vanish brand brakes, that's a really chintzy and stupid place to put the name. I'd rather see something like Brembo or Stoptech on there than Vanish

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/05/17/Vanish_Oxi_Action_Max_500gr.jpg

While it is no doubt badass, Brabus need to move on with their styling, painting something black and filling the interior with bathroom mats is good and all, but it gets old. And that hood is seriously fugly. If it werent for the engine and numbers and the fact the base SL looks quite nice, imma start calling these boring.

/rant

I LOVE Brabus cars. Love them. As for the traction issues, I think they should start coming with drag radials out back. There are MUCH MUCH MUCH faster cars running drag radials and hooking up. M/T ET Streets = teh shit. Well, when I say "drag radial," I mean the equivilent type of tire for the twisties, as I'm sure the stiff sidewall would not be so turn friendly, but I could be wrong [forgive my ignorance, I only race one way lol].

Also, I think this flat/matte/satin black thing has gotten out of control. It looks good on some cars, but now EVERYTHING is getting it. Luckily, this Brabus looks evil in it!

Jeremy should test this car just so we can hear him say that.

That's about all the 8 minute video would be.

"POOWWEERR!! The original Black POOWWEEERRR!! But now, Brabus POOOWWEERRR!!"

What I don't understand is, that everytime someone puts that much horsepower in another front-engined RWD car, say... a Viper, a Corvette or something like that, everybody starts drooling in awe and is going "I want".

But when it is a Mercedes, everybody goes "What's the use, it'll only spin its wheels and produce smoke?"

And other cars with that much power won't, or what???

It's because some people here are inconsistent idiots who are sheep and like copying everyone else's jokes/criticism instead of sharing original thought.

And they ALL become completely useless, once a few drops of rain start falling. Doesn't matter which brand or model. As a matter of fact, any RWD car with more than 200 HP is acting like a dog on a loose rug in bad weather. You could beat them in an AWD diesel in a race between the lights. Actually I have already done that a few months ago in a diesel Audi with a local and his SL55 AMG. It was pathetic really to watch him trying. And a Corvette Z01 wouldn't have looked better.

Since it doesn't rain in the desert, though, I can understand why the Arabs like those things so much :D

clarkson pointed out the true advantage of these overpowered RWD cars, its a hinderance at launch, but given who actually buys these cars (mostly rich, older men) they usually aren't in the habit of doing drag race burnouts with punks in Honda civics at stoplights, it's about the insane overtaking power and accelleration for cars already in motion. Imagine being able to pass cars on the motorways going 80,90, or 100 mph as if they were standing still. That's the only major benefit.