The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Oh, alright...
But isn't that also already included in the V? I don't see how a radial engine could be of 'V' configuration.

Oh, alright...
But isn't that also already included in the V? I don't see how a radial engine could be of 'V' configuration.

I see what you mean; airplane people like their redundant systems, so I can only assume that they like redundant words too.

What pic are you referring to, pray tell?

Dammit, didn't notice there was another page, I meant this post

And BTW Lieutenant, stop making a new god damned post for every picture. You septuple posted for crying out loud (ignoring Blaro's interjection). Not to sound like a dick or anything, but it's just basic forum etiquette that you simply don't double post, and you certainly shouldn't triple post or more.

My bad....

Oh, alright...

Sorry for the confusion. The A, B and C models had radial engines. When the D (long nose) version was built, they used a liquid cooled V-12 but kept the basic airframe and used the space where the radial engine used to be for a place to put a round radiator. Aside from being noticeably longer and leaner looking, the long nose versions can also be identified by the row of exhaust stacks on each side of the cowling.

And BTW Lieutenant, stop making a new god damned post for every picture. You septuple posted for crying out loud (ignoring Blaro's interjection). Not to sound like a dick or anything, but it's just basic forum etiquette that you simply don't double post, and you certainly shouldn't triple post or more.

A. New to the forum and trying the Album feature in addition to the Phyrefile hosting.
B. Wanted to get past the newbie 5-post intro limit.
C. 2 Different subject matters (not counting the Q&A exchange on best way to upload pics)

Now that we've got the mea culpa out of the way, is there a forum etiquette for how many max pics (of similar subject matter) to include in one single post?

Now that we've got the mea culpa out of the way, is there a forum etiquette for how many max pics (of similar subject matter) to include in one single post?

As many as you want, but double posting is heavily frowned upon. It's not outright not allowed, but one should make a best effort to edit a previous post instead of posting a second time in a row, assuming it wouldn't make it confusing to do so.

As many as you want, but double posting is heavily frowned upon. It's not outright not allowed, but one should make a best effort to edit a previous post instead of posting a second time in a row, assuming it wouldn't make it confusing to do so.

Ok, thanks for that. After lurking and leaching a lot, I wanted to start giving back and I have a crapload of aviation pics to contribute that I haven't seen on here. Hehe... don't worry, I'm not going to post them all, just what I consider to be the best representative samples of each genre/aircraft type (or, if I only have one... the one I have will have to do). (/LEARNING MODE) Continuing the mea culpa thread, I was pretty much done with the FW-190 posting, but after I posted the long nose pics, I ran across the pic I had of the remanufactured bird that people can actually buy and build (or have built) now and thought it would be a good afterthought. Given the feedback here, I suppose it would have been better to edit the FW-190 post and add that bit. (/END LEARNING MODE)

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for that. After lurking and leaching a lot, I wanted to start giving back and I have a crapload of aviation pics to contribute that I haven't seen on here. Hehe... don't worry, I'm not going to post them all, just what I consider to be the best representative samples of each genre/aircraft type (or, if I only have one... the one I have will have to do). (/LEARNING MODE) Continuing the mea culpa thread, I was pretty much done with the FW-190 posting, but after I posted the long nose pics, I ran across the pic I had of the remanufactured bird that people can actually buy and build (or have built) now and thought it would be a good afterthought. Given the feedback here, I suppose it would have been better to edit the FW-190 post and add that bit. (/END LEARNING MODE)

Don't go back and edit posts to add new content as no one will ever notice it. Just make a new post. ;)

I saw on of these up front and in person at an air show today, they're HUGE!!!

I flew on one of those when I left Saudi Arabia just before 9/11 and it was a very nice ride! MUCH more comfortable than the C-141, and way, way faster than the C-130... or at least it felt that way to me!

They are simply marvels of modern technology.