My personal car reviews: VW Golf IV 1.6 (my own car)

And here's a final test with the new suction cup camera holder. I guess I figured out now, how to best reduce jittering and rattling noises. Too bad no other car reviews are currently in the pipeline...

Edit: I uploaded this following video to see, if YouTube still deletes the sound, when you have music running in the background. So I pugged my iPod in and played some rather unfitting music -- which I currently like to listen to very much. Seems like YouTube still recognizes the music but instead of simply deleting the sound, they name the song and put on a link. They only recognized it partially, though...

Last edited:
One thing I would like to add to this. I took this video recently about me maxing out the car on the Autobahn. For some reason the sound got lost during conversion. But it was loud, that's all you need to know:

That's the nice thing about the German Autobahn: If you dare, you can even in an undermotorized legally achieve speeds, folks from countries with speed limits will envy you for :p

Last edited:
A little over 200kmh in a petrol 1.6 is quite impressive. How long did it take you to get up to that speed?

That's the nice thing about the German Autobahn: If you dare, you can even in an undermotorized legally achieve speeds, folks from countries with speed limits will envy you for :p

That's why this is my most favorite traffic sign :D.
220px-Zeichen_393.svg.png

200km/h speedo, that is. GPS will probably tell you around 190, VAG speedos are whack above what your car is registred with, our A6 runs 230 downhill on the speedo but GPS says 215, my Failbiza can do 195 speedo but it's 180 in reality :)

Well, according to the data sheet, 188 km/h is the top speed. So yes, the speedo is probably exaggerating a bit. The car is perfectly stable at that speed. 182 km/h was the top speed of a Mark I Golf GTI, by the way.

A little over 200kmh in a petrol 1.6 is quite impressive. How long did it take you to get up to that speed?

Long ;)

Last edited: