Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

Fear my throttled 4G connection!

1047019515.png

It's marginally better when not throttled:

1044266150.png

1041336536.png

SUCK IT, CLEAR!

1050202752.png

At school (it's a smaller State school so no fancy pantz speeds here! :p)

1050430117.png

I think all school's in PA have crappy internet. I know that PSU does....

Btw Viper you got FIOS? :D

I think all school's in PA have crappy internet. I know that PSU does....

Yeah, the PSU internet restrictions (really puny caps on residence hall internet, etc..) was a big turn off...that and the cost XD..

And ...just like I thought...you get epically good speed at a computer that's not in a residence hall. This is from the computer lab:

1050898430.png

Yeah, the PSU internet restrictions (really puny caps on residence hall internet, etc..) was a big turn off...that and the cost XD..

And ...just like I thought...you get epically good speed at a computer that's not in a residence hall. This is from the computer lab:

1050898430.png

I love PSU as a school, but when it comes to technology it's bloody awful(4GB weekly cap which I can go through in like 2 hours :lol:). I don't have to deal with residence halls until my junior year since I'm at a branch campus at the moment so I have my own place but I've heard horror stories.

Hell yeah. Installed today. ^_^
Gratz!! I miss my FIOS line in NY. I HATE COMCRAP!!

Last edited:
Since my cable modem is having some issues, I took a backup for the next time it cuts my net. Upgraded mobile data plan:

Pretty good, since I live right next to a huge forrest, and 3G network ends a few hundred meters into it.

Last edited:

Tethering over wifi, and there was the shutdown buzz from my phone. Internet's been down for several hours and I've been tethered the whole time, really eats battery.

Alright, reconnected.

Fuck Comcast.

That's with my old linksys router, that only goes up to 802.11g. I guess it is about time to get a new one.

Oh god, dialup. Waved goodbye to it in 2001 and never looked back. There's one thing I won't miss.

Been running with a 1.5mbps ADSL line ever since. Fast enough for most things I do (though would be nice to get Top Gear quicker!), and has been almost 100% reliable over all the years I've used it. Lately though I'm beginning to feel it's not fast enough, as the number of devices on my home network keeps growing.

Tethering over wifi, and there was the shutdown buzz from my phone. Internet's been down for several hours and I've been tethered the whole time, really eats battery.

Alright, reconnected.

Fuck Comcast.

DNS servers down??? Just use Google's because well Comcrap is Comcrap.

internet.png

Was going to post our work one which has about 5mb/s faster upload than download :O but noticed that the "ISP" is where I work

and yes I fucked up the syntax in wget