First two concepts designed by Italdesign after VW bough the company

I really like the second one ... but what beats me, is why they would make them look so boring, when just adding some color-paint would have made them look 2000x more interesting ...

You're German, how do you not know the German designers' color palette!? :p

IMG_3048.JPG

From the Mercedes booth at the 2009 Dallas Auto Show. No, I didn't Photoshop it, that really was the palette on offer - which is why it got photographed.

Also hence my comment about it being DeutscheDesign now.

Because someone wanted to know what those colors were, from top to bottom:
designo Silver Metallic
designo Moccha Black Metallic
Black
designo Graphite (black)
designo Platinum Black Metallic (black)
designo Mystic White
Majestic Black Metallic (black)
Sienna Black (black)
Obsidian Black Metallic (black)
Jade Green Metallic (black with a hint of green)
Orion Blue (black with a hint of blue)
Alpine Rain Metallic (silver/gray)
Capri Blue Metallic (black with some additional blue)
Flint Gray Metallic (black)
Andorite Gray Metallic (black/gray)

Last edited:
I miss the old Germans. :(

106-conan.jpg

Mercedes should be equipped with deployable axes, skulls, and TNT.

You're German, how do you not know the German designers' color palette!? :p
Traveled thru Germany a month or so ago and the autobahn went (admittedly quickly) as follows:
black Audi, black Audi, black BMW, black Audi, black Audi, black Audi, black Audi, oh shit a blue van plowing @ 180kph, black BMW, black Merc, black Audi, black BMW, black Audi. :lol: Great cars no doubt but talk about drab.

It's people's fault for buying such horrible boring colored cars. RESALE VALUE DURP. Personally I prefer the ability to actually locate my car in a parking lot, but that is just me.

Traveled thru Germany a month or so ago and the autobahn went (admittedly quickly) as follows:
black Audi, black Audi, black BMW, black Audi, black Audi, black Audi, black Audi, oh shit a blue van plowing @ 180kph, black BMW, black Merc, black Audi, black BMW, black Audi. :lol: Great cars no doubt but talk about drab.
Indeed, german buyers tend to be pretty unimaginative ... but ... black? Don?t you mean grey and silver? That?s all I see all day ...

You're German, how do you not know the German designers' color palette!? :p[...]
Some Porsches come in color ... :(

Ew I don't like those concepts at all. One of them looks like Honda or a Ford or something...not that that's a bad thing but I don't like these designs at all.

Damn, did VW just invent the most boring color in the world? As pointed by Spectre, color palettes are crap these days, especially with German manufacturers(-Porsche). We need more of this

2705616429_3dfd06722e_z.jpg

(note: also a VAG car)

Alfa%20Romeo%20159%20Sportwagon%201.8%20TBi%2016V%20red.JPG

lancia-ypsilon-yellow-small-82108.jpg

NewFiat500_bluedream.jpg

Bright colors! If I have a choice I'll never buy a car in black, silver, gray, or beige. Black or any dark color is unlikely. Any bright color is awesome.

Corollary: a car cannot be carbage on the sole criteria of color, assuming it is just one color.