Complaints Complaints Complaints

Well, I suppose I never tought (thought? thaught? thaugt? thougt?) about the fact that in Canada there might be English sounding city names too (I mainly noticed the British Columbia). Canada is that country which has a quarrel with the USA, and where people speak French. Nothing more ;)

Anyway, I will remember now for the rest of my life that Prince Rupert is a city in British Columbia in Canada, and that I should always do a google first before replying concerning people's living place.

But what if I would change my living place to "Poperinge, West-Vlaanderen"?

CyberMonkey said:
Well, I suppose I never tought (thought? thaught? thaugt? thougt?) about the fact that in Canada there might be English sounding city names too (I mainly noticed the British Columbia). Canada is that country which has a quarrel with the USA, and where people speak French. Nothing more ;)

Anyway, I will remember now for the rest of my life that Prince Rupert is a city in British Columbia in Canada, and that I should always do a google first before replying concerning people's living place.

But what if I would change my living place to "Poperinge, West-Vlaanderen"?

1. we dont hate the USA. its just fun to make fun of them, and its fun when they make fun of us too

2. canada has two official languages, french and english, most french speaking people live in quebec but there are tons all around the country

3. if you noticed the prince rupert under my name how did you not see the british columbia?

Maybe because I supposed you were from the USA, and so only noticed the usa-sounding name? ;-).
This is getting quite psychological!

My complaint for today is that everytime I plan out an efficient day, something comes up, like a friend calls, or I have to go out. Gah I hate that. Like today, I was going to built and setup my basement computer, but noooo my friend calls and he wants me to go to his house, fix his router, and then we are going to the movies. GRR.

No complaints about school however. :thumbsup:

I hate when people pronounce the word 'idea' wrong.

"I had no idear."

*shiver*

Here is another:

Driving in New Jersey!
Today, while coming back from a auto salvage yard (getting trim pieces for my sister's GLX VR6 (A3) I almost hit someone who was coming on to the highway.
There were three lanes of traffic. I just had passed a cadillac (who refused to get out of the left lane) when I notice a car stopped about a quarter of a mile down, by the on ramp. It looked like she just came on the the highway, but instead of keep going straight on the entering lane, she started to move across all lanes, almost perpendicular to traffic direction.
I thought:"What the *&#^%$?". I started to prepare myself to move to the left lane as I saw her coming across.
I was doing about 100-105 mph.
By the time I passed her, she was already with he front end of her car on my lane (middle). Luckily, at that time I was half way on the left lane and half way on the middle lane.
After passing her, I looked in the mirror and saw her almost hit the cadillac. She came on to the left lane! WHYYYYYYY????
From the time that I spotted her a quarter mile before, there was nobody in front of me for about a half a mile.
Land of opportunity indeed! Any idiot has the opportunity to *&#%$ somebody else's life!

Most people in the US don't seem to know what mirrors are.
If they do look they only check maybe 1 or 2 car lengths behind them and don't expect anyone to be fast enough to catch up to them while they change lanes.
Also most don't seem to understand the concept of the slow lane.
Neither do they understand temporarily moving to a slower lane to let a faster car go by. Instead they prefer to pass the vehicle in the slower lane at a 1mph faster speed. :? (Although I've seen plenty of this in Europe too.)

^Oh yes, happens plenty here.

My gripes for now:

I'm getting so fed up with myself for not being able to get any uni work done, and even more frustrated because nobody seems wiling to give me a little push or anything. I'm a dedicated person. I spend all the energy I have on things I like and that are rewarding. My hobbies are rewarding. Working is rewarding cuz not only do I get paid, I make a difference, I help people. Teaching karate is the most rewarding of all, cuz I give people a good time, I see them growing into better people and since I'm currently the only one with time to teach, I HAVE to. Now uni is different. I've been stuck there for almost four years longer than I should have been and I'm still not finished. And nobody even cares IF I finish. I have no classes to go to, just self study. I've thought of just quitting, but seeing I have technically only half a year to go, I couldn't justify that to myself. I just don't have the energy to get up at 7, go to uni or study at home for a few hours, go to work, study some more, go to the dojo and relax when I come home at 8 p.m. Not even the idea that graduating quickly means I can shave 10 grand off my 23,000 Euro college debt can get me to work, even though it bloody well should. Those numbers are just so abstract to me, and i have 15 years to pay it off, so why bother. Blah.. I just need someone to get on my back about it all the time, to push me. Then again, just writing this down makes me more motivated already :) .

Now, complaint #2. My #$&%^* dentist. Two semi-annual checkups ago, I complained of a very painful gum infection around the first "real" molar in my upper right jaw. He said I just needed to rinse with saline solution daily and it would go away. It didn't. At the next checkup, 6 months later, he said he wanted to take a look at it cuz he suspected a cavity underneath the gums. So two weeks later he did. He had to burn away (!) a bit of the gum to be able to see under it. I had to come back a few weeks later cuz it was bleeding too badly (I mean it was bleeding after he burned the gums away so it had to heal before he could continue). Then he said there was a very superficial cavity he could just close up with a layer of polish. To be sure, he took an x-ray. Then it turned out my tooth was DISSOLVING FROM THE INSIDE OUT, and that I has a 3 millimeter hole in it. He said he could either do a nerve treatment (cleaning out all the infected tissue) or pull the tooth. I was like "if the treatment doesn't work it'll have to come out anyway, but let's try the treatment first". So he drilled out my tooth and stuck in a temporal filling. He'd do the rest a month later. At the next treatment he tried to clean out the tooth, but he has big hands and I have a rather small mouth, and for some reason he needed to use the one instrument he had that did not have a long handle. Bottom line: he couldn't reach it good enough, and since it was too much of a hassle to give me a few seconds every so often to relax my aching jaw muscles, he just stuck another temp filling in and sent me home with the message that he'd go to a dentists convention in a few weeks to see if he could get even smaller instruments. A month later he called: no luck, so I had to come in again to get a more permanent filling (me: WTF? Don't you have a colleague with smaller hands or something? You're just gonna hope that infection won't spread further?" ). While I was lying there with instruments in my mouth and he was putting the filling in, I heard the assistant comment : "That's quite a hole she's got." His answer: "Yes, it's already spreading into the root." I couldn't respond with my mouth full, but I was like "So it's spreading and you're just pasting it shut? Thanks a lot!" So now I have to wait for new technology to develop before he can finish the treatment. And all I get is a lot of pain, a ?240 bill and a tooth I'll probably lose anyway, since it still hurts at times. And if I lose the tooth, I'll end up with a hole unless I pay for a prostethic which my insurance might not cover. I just hope the blasted infection won't spread to any other teeth. My mother had dentures by the time she was 45 (due to diabetes) and have no intention of following her even though I'm a diabetic myself. I'm 25 years old dammit, I don't wanna have to be thinking about crowns and bridgework :censored: !

There, had to get that out of my system.

Ne happy that you dont have to live with the new BSA. ;) I know how hard it is to study on your own, I can't do it, I'll panic the night before the exam, study all night long and then just make it. Don't you have friends that are on your course? Or have they all graduated?

@Micra:
1) 10,000 Euro will hurt quite a bit, go study! :p
2) Switch dentists! One of my neighbors used to have a lot of problems with her teeth. If you live anywhere near Nijmegen, she might know who to go to.

fbc: Thanks :blush:

Don't you have friends that are on your course? Or have they all graduated?

No, I didn't have any real friends in uni and yes, as far as I know all those of my year have graduated by now. That's just it :cry:

@Micra:
1) 10,000 Euro will hurt quite a bit, go study!
2) Switch dentists! One of my neighbors used to have a lot of problems with her teeth. If you live anywhere near Nijmegen, she might know who to go to.

1) Yessir, I will sir :) See, I told you that just a little push would help...

2) That's odd. I just so happen to live IN Nijmegen :shock: .
I've been thinking about switching dentists or at least getting a second opinion from another dentist, but I'm actually afraid to because of all the crap Holland is going through with the government forcing the new health care insurance system down our throats. But I'll keep it in mind.

Micra said:
That's odd. I just so happen to live IN Nijmegen :shock: .
:lol:
I was born in Nijmegen, and lived in Wijchen most of my life. 8)

I'll try to get a hold of her and ask her. She just changed her email address and I don't have it at home, so I won't be able to email her until wednesday when I return to work.
Be sure to remind me. ;)

bigJ's ftp is driving me nuts right now. :bangin:

when you open your instant messaging window to look who is on, then you see hottest woman on your list with the words *taking a shower BRB* right next to her name. then you get mad because you arent with her taking that shower