The "New Toys" Thread

lets see..my checklist :

iPod - Nop.
Phone - yup.
camera -(family has one)...

ao the overall answer is Nop coz i don't have all three...

Yes you are right, it also depends on the location of the people... you could expect to find higher percentage of such people in tokyo, london..etc... these gadgets have become a sort of fashion these days....

matt_shaw said:
well i can assure you a good percent of all high school students in north america have all three

All of my friends in college had a cell phone, ipod and digital camera, myself included. A few actually had two cell phones (A regular cell phone and a Sidekick). It's fairly common, especially in colleges here in the states, for students to have all three.

it is very common in asia for students to have all 3here... including myself.. well actually... 1 iPod, 2cameras and 2 cell phones

Yeah in Korea, everyone and anyone has atleast 5-megapixels on them at any given time i rekon!!

I have 2-pods, 1 cam, 2 phones. There are waay more in my household though..

hehe... don't even start talking about my household...I have 2phones, (Samsung E730 & Razr) my bro has 2phones(SE w800i & this LG 3G phone), my dad has 2 phones(SE P910i & SE k750i), my mom has a Treo 650, Blackberry and a MotoRazr. We have a Canon 350D, my Fuji S5200 and Casio Z40, my bro's Casio Z750 and my mom's Sony T3. My bro has a 4gen iPod, my mom has the latest 30gb, I have the 3G 20gb iPOd and my dad just bought the nano.

:lol:... we still talk to each other... about tech stuff mainly. Then my mom just gets lost... all my moms gadgets were chosen by either me or my dad. All she has to do is tell us what she wanted from the gadget and we'll tell her the best thing to buy.

Plus... my parents travel alot so they are hardly ever home, I talk to them alot of phones anyways :D

typical asian family.

As for me, I've owned 2 mp3 players, 3 cell phones, and 2 cameras.

Currently own one of each.

30gb ipod video, canon SD400, and some samsung non camera phone.

I think for the statement of "Everyone has ipod/phone/camera" is valid for those in my age group, 20s, and also depends on the economy of the families. Some of my friends are spoiled and some are making their own money. EVeryone's priority was ipod, then phone, then camera.

For those that went to a private university, i bet everyone has 5 of each item!!!! I went to a University of California, so we were pretty middle.

Finally done with my obessive computer build, just got an ATI All-In-Wonder X800XT, HDA/HiteC X-Mystique 7.1 DDL, and some g.skill 1gb PC3200 2-2-2-5 TCCD RAM. Also I put some aftermarket cooling on the videocard. Now I can enjoy some games and OC-ing with my rig.

Couple pics of my rig, I'm calling it "Obsession":

http://img461.imageshack.**/img461/8394/img83442yy.th.jpg
http://img458.imageshack.**/img458/3256/img83375fm.th.jpg

Take note of my obsessive care with nearly every wire, that drove me up the wall for a few hours. :wall:

WOAH THAT IS COOL!!!!

looks like there's only one harddrive though.. is it SATA?

Nice neon blue, hope that wont annoy you after a month of bluish glow in your room.
Good choice on the gfx card as well, that's what i would get if i wanted tv on the comp. Evertying looks top notch!

Yup... SATA, it's 200gb so it's all I really need for the moment, might put a couple more 250gb-ers in sometime. Cathodes don't really bother me, my rig is to the left of my desk so it doesn't annoy me. I get a lot of comments from people that like the lights. :p
The videocard is certainly impressive, playing all the new games out and including the tv-capture stuff too.

I'm very happy with it.

Wow its looking sweet vette, I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to tidy up the wires. I have spent numerous hours on my case to get them just right. The blue theme goes nicely, I have 2 blue cathodes in my case, I don't mind them much either.

Fancy tidying the wires in mine ?

3d-Project-021.jpg

:lol:

This is my new Toy :D

Toshiba Satellite Pro M70

488.jpg

Intel Pentium M Centrino 1.7Ghz
1024MB Ram
60GB HD
128MB Intel 900 Graphics

Really happy with it, only be using it for college work, kepp my main system free for more games :thumbsup:

another new toy...and a skin for my xbox 360 so it looks like the original NES...
12inch ibook, 40 gig drive, 512 ram (ordered another 512 coming in this week)
total price: $35 (yes, thrity five), another online scam that worked (like my free ipod last year)
ibook.jpg

xbox360 nes skin $20
Link to 360 skin store

skin4.jpg

skin5.jpg

i'll post some more stuff next week ;) i had a nice xmas bonus at work :D

Just saw some older coments. I never knew why is it good that you have 2 cellphones? :? . One is more than enough sometimes... :dunno: