I fear that this website is going to go downhill....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeoniks

Car(s)
2007 Nissan Murano
Don't get me wrong I love this website and I'm a bit of a new user myself, but with a huge influx of new users, I fear that the quality of the topics/posts will be a bit degraded in terms of quality and civility.

Re: I fear that this website is going to go downhill....

zeoniks said:
Don't get me wrong I love this website and I'm a bit of a new user myself, but with a huge influx of new users, I fear that the quality of the topics/posts will be a bit degraded in terms of quality and civility.

this has been mentioned several times by oldies including myself... but I guess there's nothing we can do about it

Re: I fear that this website is going to go downhill....

zeoniks said:
...I fear that the quality of the topics/posts will be a bit degraded in terms of quality and civility.
Already happened.

It doesn't affect me personally but to some it does to the extent that they have decided to leave. We all feel differently about it but to each to our own right ;)

This influx of new people is inevitable. With TopGear drawing such a croud (now the most downloaded proggy on the net I think), lots of new and different people show up. Some demanding, others offering...

Personally, the Political and OT sections are filled with crap (probly cos I'm young yeh) and not to mention the countless topics from people who don't bother to search. Their stupid threads bump other proper threads down which sucks.

I stay here because there is an active auto-section of the forum where people talk about the stuff I like - Cars for instance lol.
I also stay here for the videos admittadly (not just topgear). Those FTPs are great.

Anyways, your a kinda new user as you mentioned so I don't know how seriously to take you but I get what your saying and its been discussed before.
Just have wait and see how things pan out or if the site crashes and burns and dies mwahahahaha :evil:

Forum rule nr 1:
No spamming: That means no repeated, pointless posts. Posting referral links or things like that relating to sites such as freeipods.com or whatever also is considered spam. Please don't do it.

In a way you agree to live by the rules when you register. So if one of your first topics is a post like 'where can I find' or the inevitable post of the Disney-car, you are in a way ignoring the simple rules, if you know what I mean. Those people are probably not here to stay.

So I wouldn't mind if mods delete those topics instantly. Of course there are also people who mean no harm, so where do you draw the line? You have to give people another chance, cause most of the time, they just don't know what they are doing, but indeed, it's really annoying for those who come in regularly. And some newbies do become full participating members. I cannot believe I got 1800 posts in less than a year. (i hope you don't consider them as spam :))

I haven't noticed much of it in the last time. In fact I think it stayed pretty much the same after the first mass wave of new members arrived during the FTP era.

Hoverver, I think this site could use a few more mods to keep things in check.

maybe a rule, that when someone registers, he can't post for the first 10 days.

by that time he will have found the ep guides, the ftps, ... by himself

^ Check the post below this :p

i'm the original 8)

swek is just a wannabe :p

mgkdk said:
^ Check the post below this :p

how did you do that?
how did you know?

you didn't even edit that post, you just knew i was gonna post sth?

(even the topic complaining how rubbish most discussion get, is pushed OT :lol:)

^ :lol: I actually meant thread, but this is kinda cool :lol:

I don't know about the website but this thread is certainly going downhill. :lol:

swek said:
I don't know about the website but this thread is certainly going downhill. :lol:
Classic FG OT LOL

btw: "Not a dude, but a ghost.." mdkdk

I'll show you a real ghos, it's the haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz :D

(I just showed up to share a JC article on Norway, it's so funny)

haz

swek said:
Hoverver, I think this site could use a few more mods to keep things in check.

That's my opinion too, there are too many reposts or double posts lately. It seems that only Ren is around and that only sometimes.

^with an attitude like that you'll never get elected arno :)

Status
Not open for further replies.