GT4 - Fastest around N?rburgring

fbc said:
^ Well that sucks!! :(

*runs back to GT4 to find suitable replacement*
To help you, employ this database of cars in GT4 (sortable :) )

Well, I've been playing GT4 since its release in the U.S. months ago and never knew about the Toyota WEDSPORT Celica (JGTC) '03. Really nice handling car on the Nurburgring, so I had a go at it. I don't know how to get the replay or screenshot onto my computer, so if you want to verify my time you'll have to tell me how you guys did it. The car has no modifications done to it.

My Best Time:

6'38.942

How very EVO magazine. If I have enough cash left over after working on the car... I'm in! :)

Viper8 said:
I don't know how to get the replay or screenshot onto my computer, so if you want to verify my time you'll have to tell me how you guys did it. The car has no modifications done to it.

My Best Time:

6'38.942

Simple low-tech - just take a pic of your tv with a digital camera.

Great time btw - you using a wheel or dual-shock controller?

fbc - Thanks. I'm trying to find my USB cable to attach my digital camera to my computer. Once I find it I'll post screenshots. Still using the Toyota Wedssport Celica with no modifications and the Dual Shock 2 controller.

My New Best Time
6'36.898

Awesome time :thumbsup: ... I've really got to back and have another go.

Now for the bad news - we've found that car is actually outside the comp rules (see SL65AMGWTFOMG...!!!'s posts) above and on the previous page (I should've mentioned it in my previous post)

Ya, I know it's outside the rules, but I never even knew about the Toyota until I read this thread. I was impressed with its handling and just wanted to see what it (and I) could do around the Ring.

I'll try another car now that is within the rules and see what I can do.

Using a modded elise 111R.. Exactly 300HP

I got 7min 30.165 on my first try.. I bet you guys can do better, I have a weight reduction kit on it too.. It just wont go faster than 188 on that straight =/ and Im in the 130s on the other straights.. I need to mess around with the down force calibrations a bit more.. :evil:

Used a motorsport elise 111, also with something very close to 300hp. Got 6 min 59.666(Not Joking).

absolut said:
Used a motorsport elise 111, also with something very close to 300hp. Got 6 min 59.666(Not Joking).

I believe you :)

I managed a 6:40 with the NSX under 300bhp
And can still get time off that...

But anyways, time for a new challenge with new rules? :p

Hey Skyline :D I did 7:16:301 in M5, no ESP, no TCS, no oil change, manual transmission, soft sport tyres, formula Logitech Wheel. First try.

bobber69 said:
Hey Skyline :D I did 7:16:301 in M5, no ESP, no TCS, no oil change, manual transmission, soft sport tyres, formula Logitech Wheel. First try.

7:15:210, no tunig, gamepad, SS tyres :)

Sebastian said:
absolut said:

I believe you :)

I managed a 6:40 with the NSX under 300bhp
And can still get time off that...

But anyways, time for a new challenge with new rules? :p
Its great to see quite a few GT4 nuts who are STILL playing it like me :mrgreen:

As for a new challange, this might seem kinda big for some but see what time you can get in a:
BMW M3
BMW M3 CSL
BMW M3 GTR
With Standard/Road tires and no TCS or oil fillup.

Give it ago if your game, I will post some times up later maybe ;)

EDIT: All done :)
BMW M3 - 338BHP - 8' 11:26
BMW M3 CSL - 355BHP - 7' 56:74
BMW M3 GTR - 375BHP - 7' 47:00 estimate....I spun on the last corner! But thats about right.

None of those times were "red hot" so they should be easy to beat ;)

sl65 amg : I'm up for the challenge. Can I use arcade mode? I have put the settings on simulation so they are like GT mode.

skyline : I'll post my M5 time when it gets under yours Skyline :)

Ok post it, here is my new time:

still gamepad, SS tyres...
mytimecopy.jpg

It can be a lot better I am sure ;)

M3, formula logitech, road tires, no help, 8:03:710
M3 CSL, ------""-------- 7:51:396

I kept spin the GTR so I gave up on that one. I think the GTR and the CSL are absolutely crappy with road tires, they understeer like hell, but of course that's because they both were made for sport tires, and racing tires for the GTR...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shit skyline you're fast, I'll try to beat that - it'll be difficult! You aren't using any help settings?

Skyline, you start in pole position for this years M5 race at the N?rburgring, I simply can't beat your 8:10 time... Gratz, as we say in World of Warcraft :)

(By the way, my friend just went there this morning for the Scuderia Hanseat driving course, I was there last year, and the track blows your mind in real life!)

ok, I did 1 lap around the 'Ring in the M3 CSL with soft sport tires on. I clocked a 7:22.147. there is probably 3-5 seconds left, but I don't want to find them. next up is the M3 GTR, and after that, I'll try the M5 record by Skyline.

rock. 8)

hmm, all I got out of the GTR after 1 lap is a 7:22.985. that car never suited me anyway. it has way too much understeer for my driving style. there was probably only 2 seconds left with me behind the wheel. that was unpleasant, lets hope the M5 is better.

rock. 8)

Yeah GTR understeers too much...not enough turn-in to the corner. The M3's are perfect for the track though...especially the M3 GTR if thats within the rules. The M5 isn't within the rules though. That has well over 300BHP.

ok, got back from wrestling with the M5 with sport soft tires on the 'Ring. 7:06.383. but right at the end, I managed to smash into a barrier and kill about 3-5 seconds off my lap time. so, I suppose a perfectly clean lap would be around the 7 minute flat mark. that's it.

rock. 8)