pdanev

Forum Addict
Aston Cadet

http://img216.imageshack.**/img216/6976/ascadetmap0nu.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.**/img216/5774/ascadetposter1rq.jpg

Sprint Race: 7 Laps
Feature Race: 60 Laps

Cars: GTI/GT

*** Make sure you do NOT use the same car that you have used previously on the Fern Bay Club race! ***

Of course if you did not race on FB Club, you are free to chose whatever you want.

WR Times:
GTI: 1:02.10
GT: 1:03.32

As you can see the GTI has an advantage, however nothing is sure with endurance setups. My bet is that the GTI will suffer more tire wear, which might mean a bit slower endurance setup.

People that took the GT last time, don't be sure of a victory yet, because there is a little catch. There is no setup for the GTI on inferno, which means we have to make one ourselves, probably based on other AS setups. But there is a setup for the GT, a bit slower than the WR time, but there is one, so the ones that took the GTI last time, can start practicing earlier.

Have fun, and be careful at the "corkscrew". :)

Yeah, that corkscrew...It should be an interesting corkscrew chicane.

Yeah the reverse Au Rouge can be tricky in the GT, sometimes you get a wheel or two on the grass and get them dirty.

I'm quite happy in the GT, can make consistent 1:04's and the tyres will last the 30 laps easily at that pace, and with these slower cars it's a lot easier to be consistent.

Woot! I love this track and car combination!

I especially love the corkscrew...full throttle, and hold the wheel steady...whee!

GraemeH said:
I'm quite happy in the GT, can make consistent 1:04's and the tyres will last the 30 laps easily at that pace, and with these slower cars it's a lot easier to be consistent.

It will easily last 60mate.. we had a race with this car and AScadet R last season, my tired were perfect for 60laps... why bother wasting time changing tires midway?

Now doing 1.04's, hotlap .020 behind Graemeh's. If I can beat Graemeh I can hopefully finish 5th or 6th in both races, in sprint I have better chances if there's some crashing involved in the top four or so ;)

This may seem obvious but can make a rule for no passing on the corkscew?

jayhawk said:
This may seem obvious but can make a rule for no passing on the corkscew?
Believe it or not, it is possible if the inside guy takes a bit of a sharper turn to the left to leave a lane for the guy on the right.
I did it successfully a few times last sunday.

But if both go for the apex of the exit of the chicane, then obviously you'll have trouble.

I don't know how you guys are doing this. I'm lucky to get a 1:06.

Mischief007 said:
I don't know how you guys are doing this. I'm lucky to get a 1:06.

Same here...but im as always, Mr. Consistent. :lol: Thats really my objective for right now. :)

I can't make it anyways now. Made plans for Saturday for a little "upgrade". I hated this combination anyways so it is not a big loss for me.

I'll probably be there, but whether or not I'll be sober is another question. :lol: :cheers:

^ LOL :lol:
I have pleanty of drinks in the fridge, I can have some to make the race more fair. :lol:

Great, my wheel stopped working as we went to the lights for the feature, meaning i had to restart LFS and started a lap behind. Nice timing, but the GT was so slow compared to the GTI it didn't make any difference to my finishing position.