Series 8

Oooooh, don't take the mickey out of my Skoda's chap...... My Fabia vRS will eat most stuff on the road (running 190bhp/330ft lb), is built well, and cost me less than a 'standard' polo.

It does go through tyres a bit sharp though ;)

I love my Skoda's, you get all the benefits of the VW , without any of the cost, and the dealers are a LOT better than the equivalent VW (or even Audi) dealers.

Hence the reason all of the Skoda current lineup (Fabia, Octavia, Superb) where in the top 10 of the TopGear survey................

However I did test drive the RS4 this morning...... And Oooooooh I want that V8 in my life............ It's Awsum!

the_ape said:
Oooooh, don't take the mickey out of my Skoda's chap...... My Fabia vRS will eat most stuff on the road (running 190bhp/330ft lb), is built well, and cost me less than a 'standard' polo.

I love my Skoda's, you get all the benefits of the VW , without any of the cost, and the dealers are a LOT better than the equivalent VW (or even Audi) dealers.

Hence the reason all of the Skoda current lineup (Fabia, Octavia, Superb) where in the top 10 of the TopGear survey................

However I did test drive the RS4 this morning...... And Oooooooh I want that V8 in my life............ It's Awsum!

did you test drive it for fun ? or are you getting one?

i always wanted to see clarkson review the Dodge Neon SRT-4. But I know that will never happen because they don't get it in Europe, and quite frankly, couldn't be bothered. I just want to see what he has to say about the car.

No Boss said:
i always wanted to see clarkson review the Dodge Neon SRT-4. But I know that will never happen because they don't get it in Europe, and quite frankly, couldn't be bothered. I just want to see what he has to say about the car.

I'd love to see them review it too. There are quite a few guys from the American Forces overseas that have SRT-4s there though, so they are "on the continent". They drive personal vehicles all the time on Top Gear.

Besides, apparently Dodge is shipping the new Caliber SRT4 (300hp) over there, so maybe they'll do a comparison with the North-American-Only 03-05 SRT-4, and the new one.

I'd love to see the TG lap time on the current SRT-4.

maybe a 1:35. the focus ST did a 1:34.9, i would assume that it would be in that range.

toasteroven said:
No Boss said:

I'd love to see them review it too. There are quite a few guys from the American Forces overseas that have SRT-4s there though, so they are "on the continent". They drive personal vehicles all the time on Top Gear.

Besides, apparently Dodge is shipping the new Caliber SRT4 (300hp) over there, so maybe they'll do a comparison with the North-American-Only 03-05 SRT-4, and the new one.

I just want them to review it cause I know the car is rubbish. I just wanna hear Clarkson say a few Clarksonisms about it. :lol:

"something something, POWERRRR, something something, in the... WORLD"

No Boss said:

Not being able to buy one didnt stop them from reviewing the Ford Lightning or Honda Element.

No Boss said:
toasteroven said:
No Boss said:

I just want them to review it cause I know the car is rubbish. I just wanna hear Clarkson say a few Clarksonisms about it. :lol:
its not rubbish! it is very very quick and does handle fairly well and is pretty cheap. its just so goddam ugly, and in that price range i'd rather have a better all-rounder.

Carsightings said:
the_ape said:

did you test drive it for fun ? or are you getting one?

I sorta test drove it to see if it was worth 40k..... and have come to the conclusion it probably is, could I spend 40k on a car? don't think I can, even on that V8........... Although it is VERY tempting ;)

bartboy9891 said:
No Boss said:
toasteroven said:
No Boss said:

its not rubbish! it is very very quick and does handle fairly well and is pretty cheap. its just so goddam ugly, and in that price range i'd rather have a better all-rounder.

I think it is. I test drove one, and I just can't see what the big deal is. Yes it is very very very fast for the price, but thats all you get. You don't get anything else in terms of comfort. And by comfort, I don't mean luxury (climate control, heated seats, etc.) I mean flat out comfort. The exterior is absolutely appaling and I think it's designed that way so it makes you too sick to realize what you're looking at when you actually get in the car. All that aside, it is the perfect car for rich parents to buy their newly licensed 16 year old. So most of the owners of these cars are (and yes I'm stereotyping) young, ignorant, and/or moronic.

I will give it one thing tho, it sounds absolutely angelic. But I can't give respect to someone who buys a car and refuses to believe it's a neon, but instead insists it's an "SRT, yo."

No Boss said:
bartboy9891 said:
No Boss said:
toasteroven said:
No Boss said:

I think it is. I test drove one, and I just can't see what the big deal is. Yes it is very very very fast for the price, but thats all you get. You don't get anything else in terms of comfort. And by comfort, I don't mean luxury (climate control, heated seats, etc.) I mean flat out comfort. The exterior is absolutely appaling and I think it's designed that way so it makes you too sick to realize what you're looking at when you actually get in the car. All that aside, it is the perfect car for rich parents to buy their newly licensed 16 year old. So most of the owners of these cars are (and yes I'm stereotyping) young, ignorant, and/or moronic.

I will give it one thing tho, it sounds absolutely angelic. But I can't give respect to someone who buys a car and refuses to believe it's a neon, but instead insists it's an "SRT, yo."
for those reasons, the way i see it, its like the STI or EVO.

No Boss said:
I think it is. I test drove one, and I just can't see what the big deal is. Yes it is very very very fast for the price, but thats all you get.
And for the price that is what you're supposed to get. Not that I'm a fan of Neons probably for the same reasons you're not, but it's a cheap car with a lot of go and that's it. For some it'll beat a cheap car with no go and there is only so much a 20G's can buy you.

bartboy9891 said:
No Boss said:
bartboy9891 said:
No Boss said:
toasteroven said:
No Boss said:

for those reasons, the way i see it, its like the STI or EVO.

You're right, it is, but just not as good.

And, now that we have gone completely off topic :lol:

James was on BBC breakfast this morning and he said that Top Gear should be back on air the first or second sunday of May. And he mentioned something about them sawing cars up during filming.

When James May of on BBC Breakfast a couple days ago, he said it is either on the 1st Sunday or the 2nd Sunday of May 06 guys.

Erm....I kinda posted that above :?

lol

Ahhh good so they're starting earlier this year. Hopefully they can have AT LEAST 10-episodes prepared for us. I thought it was shocking that they'd do just 6 in the last series...