I know who the STIG is

Anthony said:
I think the STIG is almost deifnately an F1 driver...Renault let him drive their F1 car...they wouldn't let some race car driver do that. Also, it could possibly be Mark Webber, as in the 2005 episode, he recieves the I AM THE STIG T-shirt...It's possible.

renault test driver, heikki kovalainen admitted to dressing up as the stig for that one lap around the track in the renault f1 car.

the stig is not just one person.

I was thinking of getting a personalised plate for my scooter (obviously for ironic reasons) that reads "STIG" or "TOPGEAR"

i wonder if i can get a visor for my black full face...

No Boss said:
Carsightings said:
how is that connected to this topic? :?

the last 11 pages havent been "on topic" in this thread.
this thread is just all speculation anyway, most of it is horseshit to begin with

renault test driver, heikki kovalainen admitted to dressing up as the stig for that one lap around the track in the renault f1 car.

the stig is not just one person.[/quote]

Well if thats the case the power board loses all credibility...thats been discussed before, and somehow i don't think so. Most people have noticed the improvement in the times from new stig to old stig. Also the times coincide. I.e., they make sense. Like I'd expect an enzo to be faster than a Carrera GT, and I'd expect the Carrera GT to be faster than the SLR, et cetera. Besides like bartboy said, this thread is just all speculation anyway, most of it is horseshit to begin with.

Geez, i'm glad you guys figured out that some stigs are different (such as the renault f1 test driver).

But there is a guy who does the stig most of the time and is classed to me as the stig. If you want to know who he is (unless i missed him in this thread) just give me a pm or just ask me to post who the main stig is on here...

Force-Feedback said:
Geez, i'm glad you guys figured out that some stigs are different (such as the renault f1 test driver).

But there is a guy who does the stig most of the time and is classed to me as the stig. If you want to know who he is (unless i missed him in this thread) just give me a pm or just ask me to post who the main stig is on here...
The thing is it will be just more speculation unless u have decent proof. But you might aswell tell us all who you think it is.

peter3hg2 said:
Force-Feedback said:

The thing is it will be just more speculation unless u have decent proof. But you might aswell tell us all who you think it is.

$20 bucks he says Perry McCarthy.....

^ Or Ben Collins... See teh n00bs wonder who that is...

Well it's obivus aint it.

The Stig who test drives the supercars are the Carmanufactors own Testdrivers.
Luca Badoer was there racing Jeremy in the F430 and I bet that he dressed up as the Stig aswell.

All car companies got test drivers and when they send a car to Top Gear they send the test driver with the car.

As for the Stig who shows the stars how to drive...well it could be some retired racer for all we know.

But the ones who do the power laps they are the manufactors own test drivers who gets the most out of each car.

Scud said:
Well it's obivus aint it.

The Stig who test drives the supercars are the Carmanufactors own Testdrivers.
Luca Badoer was there racing Jeremy in the F430 and I bet that he dressed up as the Stig aswell.

All car companies got test drivers and when they send a car to Top Gear they send the test driver with the car.

As for the Stig who shows the stars how to drive...well it could be some retired racer for all we know.

But the ones who do the power laps they are the manufactors own test drivers who gets the most out of each car.
Bollocks! Theres absolutely no reason for Top Gear to do this. Anyway the Stigs always the same shape. He isn't fat one episode then skinny the next.

they would all have the same bodyframe? remember the lotus guy, he was fat.

Perry McCarthey? Ben Collins? ;)

Ok this may take some time...

I believe that the main stig is - Darren Turner

This theory started off from when my uncle had to take a car there (or something like that), and he found out after talking with them that it was Darren Turner.

Then some of the other things make sense, firstly Darren Turner drove for the Aston Martin racing team at the time they got the DBR9 to do a lap around the track. Otherwise, why didnt they get an MC12 which were the current best in gt racing?

And, um, B*llocks! i forgot the other points! :?

if i remember them i'll post them but for now this'll have to do...

Force-Feedback said:

This theory started off from when my uncle had to take a car there (or something like that), and he found out after talking with them that it was Darren Turner.

Then some of the other things make sense, firstly Darren Turner drove for the Aston Martin racing team at the time they got the DBR9 to do a lap around the track. Otherwise, why didnt they get an MC12 which were the current best in gt racing?

Excuse me while I pee on your bonfire (as clarkson would put it).
1. They would never tell your uncle. If it was that easy it would have been revealed in countless tabloids.
2. It's a British show so they are going to favour Astons.
3. They don't just test the "best cars" of a certain type.
4. The MC12 went round the track 4 episodes previous to the DBR9.

If you dont wanna belive it then fine.

But that's my theorie and I aint alone.
I know alot of people who think the same thing.

If you haven't notice all racing drivers are SLIM and in good shape.
The test drivers that work for manufactors are ex racing drivers of some sort.
They are all slim NOT fat and you cant see how tall the guy is cause he always sits down in the car.

But that's what I think.

Scud said:
If you dont wanna belive it then fine.

But that's my theorie and I aint alone.
I know alot of people who think the same thing.

If you haven't notice all racing drivers are SLIM and in good shape.
The test drivers that work for manufactors are ex racing drivers of some sort.
They are all slim NOT fat and you cant see how tall the guy is cause he always sits down in the car.

But that's what I think.
I'm not saying they'd be fat but you would notice the difference in build between say Montoya and Schumacher.

peter3hg2 said:
Force-Feedback said:

Excuse me while I pee on your bonfire (as clarkson would put it).
1. They would never tell your uncle. If it was that easy it would have been revealed in countless tabloids.
2. It's a British show so they are going to favour Astons.
3. They don't just test the "best cars" of a certain type.
4. The MC12 went round the track 4 episodes previous to the DBR9.

You are right, but he didnt get told by the top guys who would want to keep it a secret, he was told by the guy he gave the car to (who i believe he knows). He managed to get told because of this and he isn't really that much of a reporter for any tabloids seeing as he's a mechanic/engineer.

And they also did the db9 as well, i was talking about the gt version of the mc12, not the bs road going version.

And another thing about the dbr9, because darren turner drives for Aston Martin Racing they obviously found out that he was using a DBR9 in his job other than being the stig. If it was a new Ferrari gt car they wouldn't really bother as like you said 'they like astons' and it wouldve been much easier to get a hold of the dbr9 if it was darren turner, and they dont like gt racing (Jeremy said this in an episode).

My fire hasn't gone out yet and isn't going to go out that easily! :evil: