BMW developing Z10

Law said:
True, his name is Henrik Fisker. He also designed the Aston DB9 and the comming Aston V8. He sure knows how to design good looking cars.

Fisker has started a company, Fisker Coach Build, and is working on a 200+mph, 600+hp sportscar. I just went to the homepage and saw a sketch. Wow, that is a sweet design. http://www.fiskercb.com/
I think it looks boring and completely uninspired. I was afraid that if I looked at it any longer, I'd fall asleep from boredom.

logo said:
stay away from american designers

Do I really have to be the first person to take offense at this?

Come on people. Mustang? Cobra? Stingray?
American design can be some of the best. Sure it has been bland recently (read ever since we started trying to compete with the Japaneese), but even still-
300C? (I don't like it, but most people seem to think it is badass) CTS-V? Solstice? Z4 (If we are calling Bangle American)?

It is not like BMW has been producing the most beautiful cars lately, maybe a concept or two out of California can improve their ideas. Or alternately, maybe it will be so incredibly bad, it will inspire BMW to move back to the late 90s when they were designing some beautiful cars.

Anyway- Why are we even really discussing this? It is just some extremely vague info and a completely invented pic. Cadillac has been seen testing a Super-V series CTS, thought to have the Z06 engine. Why don't we pull some criticisms and raves about that?

geoff_a_pult said:
Anyway- Why are we even really discussing this? It is just some extremely vague info and a completely invented pic. Cadillac has been seen testing a Super-V series CTS, thought to have the Z06 engine. Why don't we pull some criticisms and raves about that?

Errr you just bumped a 9 month old thread - we're not discussing it any longer...

geoff_a_pult said:
logo said:

American design can be some of the best. Sure it has been bland recently (read ever since we started trying to compete with the Japaneese), but even still-
300C? (I don't like it, but most people seem to think it is badass) CTS-V? Solstice? Z4 (If we are calling Bangle American)?

It is not like BMW has been producing the most beautiful cars lately, maybe a concept or two out of California can improve their ideas. Or alternately, maybe it will be so incredibly bad, it will inspire BMW to move back to the late 90s when they were designing some beautiful cars.

do you just search the word American in the forum and reply to every single post ever made against stereotyping American cars/designers.... etc? This discussion ended a long time ago and I am sick of having another rant which is already on 2 seperate threads and it is more than enough.

Hmmm, the back looks like someone chopped up a Gallardo :/

Give it a manual, kthnxbmw.

p.s. Hell of a bump.

Wasn't the MX5 designed in Cali? I think it's a pretty good looker.
AFAIK the 350Z was also done in socal, so american designers can't be all bad.

Dr.Kamiya said:
Wasn't the MX5 designed in Cali? I think it's a pretty good looker.
AFAIK the 350Z was also done in socal, so american designers can't be all bad.

Let's not have another thread lost to this arguement

(I know you're not intenionally trying to start anything, but it's been a problem lately...)

Sorry bout that. I was just looking through a bunch of threads late at night, and I forgot to check the date.

I do remember thinking that I saw the orignal rendering a long time ago, but managed to not connect that to the fact.

And andihui- I just look through a bunch of threads, and apparently stereotyping Americans and american cars is on of my pet peeves. As a Northern Californian it really bothers me to be lumped in with idiots from Texas (and it bothers me even more to be lumped in with idiots from LA). I'll try to work on it. :oops:

GODS OF THE INTERNET, LET THIS THREAD BE DEAD ONCE AGAIN!

geoff_a_pult said:
logo said:

I say stay away from american designs, but i must also say my fav cars are muscle... design and sound and presence and everything.. but those were the old days not now :/ anyways die thread die

Dr.Kamiya said:
AFAIK the 350Z was also done in socal,

By an Indian, I think though.

If i remember the clarkson quote right; "It feels like it's a Japanese car designed by an Indian from England in America then converted for British road use. Which it is."

geoff_a_pult said:
As a Northern Californian...
Former San Mateo County lad right here!!