BMW developing Z10

Overheat

Forum Addict
bmw.jpg

BMW is developing a rival to the Aston Martin V8 Vantage and Porsche 911: a luxury supercar likely to take the name Z10. Autocar reports that this will be designed by BMW's studio in California, though it could be built at the Rolls-Royce factory in Goodwood, England, which has some spare production capacity.

The Z10 is said to be around the same size as a Lamborghini Gallardo, but weighing 250kg less at about 1200kg. It will be built around an aluminium spaceframe chassis similar to that used for the Z8, and will feature a new version of the 500bhp V10 currently used in the M5 and M6; this could be enlarged to 5.5-litres and 550bhp, and could work with a seven-speed sequential-shift gearbox. Equipment will include a carbonfibre folding roof, active spoilers and a downforce-generating venturi underbody. Crucially, it is expected to look a lot more aggressive than the retro-look Z8, which met with a lukewarm reception.

BMW's first real supercar perhaps :bangin: ?? Engineering wise they should do a good job but lets just hope they design the thing properly!

Where did the Z8 go?? Was that only a concept??

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
BMW's first real supercar perhaps :bangin: ?? Engineering wise they should do a good job but lets just hope they design the thing properly!

Don't forget the M1. ;) This new Z10 sounds really promising on paper, it should be a good car if BMW does everything just right.

the Z8 was a low volume production model, i see a few of them here pretty often, and they just look awsome in person. i dont care what others say, it looks gorgeous in person. my friend almost bought one but they wanted way too much for it ($94 000) so he got a CL500 for quite a bit less.

If they get the looks right, this thing will surely be awesome.
Imagine that V10 in a small(ish) sports car.... :twisted:

designed in cali you say? hmmm

Hmm, are you sure its gonna be named z10?

I recently read in a German Mag (they are a bit more informed due to geographical issues...) that the gonna make another z8 but with the ingredients you pointed out... And probably call it z9

Dunno, they had a Gallardo vs 430 Test in the same issue, so everything else was a bit of a blurr... ;-)
Still I remember a concept like picture on the frontcover... They don't have it on their site, though..

Buba

Hold on just a second!
1200kg chassis with the V10 from the M5!?!?!?!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vette Boss said:
I really hope this one won't be :bmwpoo: like the Z8 was. Even with the M5 engine, it wasn't very good. Being designed in California, I worry about how it will look. :cry:
The Z8 was designed by a Danish man actually, i forgot his name, and i think the Z8 is one of the most beautiful bimmers ever made.
Hope the new Z10 will be something like the Z8 in looks.

Salar said:
Vette Boss said:
I really hope this one won't be :bmwpoo: like the Z8 was. Even with the M5 engine, it wasn't very good. Being designed in California, I worry about how it will look. :cry:
The Z8 was designed by a Danish man actually, i forgot his name, and i think the Z8 is one of the most beautiful bimmers ever made.
Hope the new Z10 will be something like the Z8 in looks.

Oops, what I meant to say is I hope being designed in California doesn't affect the styling of the Z10. :oops:

z9_355.jpg

bmw2_450.100734.jpg

Thats just a chop so dont take it seriously...its got the shape of a Carrera GT just quite ugly.

stay away from american designers