TechArt GTsport Cayman. Fixing the crocodile's flaws.

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Do I need to make the point that this thing is gorgeous? I'm rather 'meh' about the Cayman in standard form because of the mediocreness. No LSD? How can it even pretend to be a sports car?

Anyways, the wizards at TechArt fixed it, and put an LSD on there and added some more engine and awesomeness and hey presto!! I'd have this over a 997 Turbo to be honest.

7060704.001.mini4L.jpg

The Full Story: http://www.worldcarfans.com/tuners.....001/porsche/techart-gtsport-porsche-cayman-s

It's still a Cayman, i'd much rather have a 911 Turbo.

.. I can see what they are talking about, white is the new black 8)

Wow. Really nice. I would like to see the rear.

Lilleput said:
white is the new black 8)

Especially with those dark rims :love:

its not enough to pull me from a turbo, the turbo still is more than a second quicker to 60

Never cared about a Turbo... GT3 please! Anyway, this is rather fine as well... Kick-ass, I'd say...

Damn that looks sweet!

But i'd still take a 997 Turbo.

But if you gave me this I wouldn't say no.

imagine that thing in red.. :drool:

Holy crap that thing is sexy :wicked:
I'd take this car over the others anyday, give it a little bit more power and put that LSD to use.

^I love that avatar :lol:

As for the car - white paint + shadow chrome rims = very sexy look! That bodykit is also really mean and aggressive :mrgreen:

As pointed out before...could do with LSD, yeh.

Well I get shot if I say I don't like it?
Front end just too fiddly for my liking.

peter3hg2 said:
Well I get shot if I say I don't like it?
Front end just too fiddly for my liking.

I'm not a fan of the front either - don't like the way the sides angle inwards down to that point at the bottom.

Gorgeous... right.

However, this car has a big flaw: it's still a caymen :?

wow......I really like the looks of that car. Something about a mid-engined car seems cooler then the rear engine of the 911 too. I have to say that if they dropped the turbo engine in that car, I'd take it over a 911 any day. Till then, the 911 will rain supreme in the porsche line for me (the Gt doesn't count since its very unobtainable, at least the 911 is fathomable). I think it may be only a matter of time before they really make this thing equal to the 911, though I don't think it will ever take over as a flagship car.

JH

Love the wing! The car looks so much better now that you can tell which end is the back. :mrgreen:

Electric-Mayhem said:
wow......I have to say that if they dropped the turbo engine in that car, I'd take it over a 911 any day.
JH

reminds me of the 951 days... the Porsche 1/2 the price of the 911 turbo is faster... :oops: