TechArt GTsport Cayman. Fixing the crocodile's flaws.

amdforever said:
Gorgeous... right.

However, this car has a big flaw: it's still a caymen :?

What's wrong with that? It's an MR Porsche instead of RR, but so what?

FATMOUSE said:
amdforever said:
Gorgeous... right.

However, this car has a big flaw: it's still a caymen :?

What's wrong with that? It's an MR Porsche instead of RR, but so what?

... i guess the balance of a mid-engined car, the loss of the strong desire of the back end to swing out in curves, and the decreased treachery that is trying to cool a rear-engined beast are just lost on some people...

sure the cayman isnt a 911, thats why it IS wonderful. it has taken 50+ years of Porsche engineering and packed them into a tight sexy package that, if the marketing team didnt have it's way, would be out-performing the 911 right off the showroom floor.

Very nice, only the top speed is pretty low with only 285... strange (Thats a pretty important thing here in Germany).
I saw a lot of new turbos when i was at the Porsche factory last week, and the rims on them are just gorgeous, it really is a wonderful car, would prefer it a lot. Especially with the great acceleration. (I'd prefer a GT3, though)

It's perfect. In fact, it's better than a 911. The engine is in he right place for better balance rather than being at the back swinging like a pendulum needing computers to make it right.

This is a proper sports car.

just a bump so everyone can remember how stunning this car looks :drool:

i simply can't get over how awesome this thing is :bow:

amdforever said:
... this car has a big flaw: it's still a caymen :?

No no no. Its a caymen. The best of the production line Porsche you mean to say.

heck, its a mini Carrera GT.

I'd take a GT3 version of the Caymen without that overbite bodykit and heavy wheels any and everyday over the rest of the Porsche linup (barring the CGT).

Its just better. I have no doubt if you put the same flat 6 engine in both a Caymen and a 911 shape body the Caymen would win everytime.

Oh, but I'd have the LSD too.

Mid engine = the win.

^ Hehe, yeah, the rims are a subject to personal taste. Or are they? Obviously they make the car accelerate slower, according to Sport Auto (german mag) only .1 sec, but still...
Also, "there is still a gremlin in the engine management system that prevents the full potential of the car when you are in full attack mode..." according to them, it was only very slightly faster than a standard Cayman...
I guess they will fix that presto...

Ianspeed said:
I'd take a GT3 version of the Caymen without that overbite bodykit and heavy wheels any and everyday over the rest of the Porsche linup (barring the CGT).

Its just better. I have no doubt if you put the same flat 6 engine in both a Caymen and a 911 shape body the Caymen would win everytime.

Oh, but I'd have the LSD too.

Mid engine = the win.

nuff said