Lens Flair

JESUS!! $900 per photo! AND HE WANTS NINE!!! I doubt i'll get that much for each one, I dont know how big the magazine is, he says the largest classic britich car mag in the USA!! hmmmm, we'll av to see. At least I know roughly what to expect!

Thanks a million voodoo! Im just waiting for the call now!

Shadowness said:
JESUS!! $900 per photo! AND HE WANTS NINE!!! I doubt i'll get that much for each one, I dont know how big the magazine is

v0od0o said:
Oh also looking at http://www.britishmotoring.net/PDF/BMRateCard.pdf it seems this magazine's circulation is around 60 000 copies, so that's where you should be looking at in the pricing table

I probably just posted that while you were writing your post :)

Make sure you ask how the photo is going to be used and whether they demand exclusive rights to them and use the prices in that guide as a starting point for negotiations.

Don't shy away thinking it's too much money, with a 60000 print run it's economies of scale at play and that kind of money while significant for an individual should really a non issue for a big magazine.

Congrats once again :thumbsup:

v0od0o said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
I'm going to be dead honest and say that I like the one out of the Vivicam the best. Much more interesting contrast and the image is moodier due to the underexposed features. :)
Ditto :)
We should keep that in mind next time we're going to Venice, screw that new lens, get a vivicam :)

8) :)

Shadowness said:
Its been quite a while since we had a photo coz of me :p

Don't give yourself too much credit, it's just that I posted 1 photo for the day already and I'm a rule abiding forum citizen :p

v0od0o said:
Shadowness said:
Its been quite a while since we had a photo coz of me :p

Don't give yourself too much credit, it's just that I posted 1 photo for the day already and I'm a rule abiding forum citizen :p
LOL! Good on ya! :thumbsup:

so shadowness, what was the offer you got for your photographs? Wow you're a money earning photographer now!!

Dunno if i posted this yet.

http://img97.imageshack.**/img97/9182/img9680copypp9.jpg

I got my lens back from the shop today and decided to go out and take some photos.

_MG_0656.jpg

what happened to your d70 whoster?

Jmiller - urg, i sooooo want a wide angle lens right now. That and a polarizer for it! Too bad I'm now unemployed and about to take out 40k of loan per year for the next 4 years.

Skoshi said:
^ Looks underexposed to me

probably because reflections are limited on the side of the blue bug.. and the side I shot was shadowed. To me it looks like the rest of the shot is fine.

rootrider said:
Skoshi said:
^ Looks underexposed to me

probably because reflections are limited on the side of the blue bug.. and the side I shot was shadowed. To me it looks like the rest of the shot is fine.

Yeah but having the blue bug in the front draws my eye to it as the main focal point of the picture, not the background. Thus it looks underexposed.. But maeby that's just me

New day here! I get to post one more photo to celebrate my very recently acquired ability to take panning shots!

IMG_0681_raw_resize.JPG

Shadowness: many congrats :thumbsup: Your pictures are incredible.

My pic for today (to stay in the carnival mood:) ) : ferris wheel at the fair/carnival/summer festival last night, about 9.30pm.

http://img105.imageshack.**/img105/2800/ferriswheelcs8.png