Saleen?

And UK audiences would not be happy with seeing cool cars not currently available there? Remember what GranTurismo did for cars not then available in the US.

ishigakisensei said:
And UK audiences would not be happy with seeing cool cars not currently available there?

Exactly my point! They want to see cool cars, who ever said the Saleen was cool???

ishigakisensei said:
Remember what GranTurismo did for cars not then available in the US.

Last game console I owned was a Sega Genesis. So no I don't remember.

/Flame On!
//hehe.

No Boss said:
Exactly my point! They want to see cool cars, who ever said the Saleen was cool???

As a non-Brit, you are hardly in a position to say that they would not. After all, the Countach still has a following and that car was truly hideous and a handful to drive.

No flaming by me. The GT series by Polyphony is THE reason why the US finally got the EVO and WRX. So, there is a precedent of introducing knowledge about cars not currently available in a country leading to enough consumer interest to cause their introduction.

The Saleen is but one example, but there is also Laraki and Farboud that are interesting creations. TOP GEAR has had a handcrafted automobile on the show before (Hammond driving a 1950s style one seat grean racecar whose name escapes me now) so they have a precedent of doing so as well.

This is just my opinion, but I think that TOP GEAR should also foster a culture of reviewing cars you'll never ever see on FIFTH GEAR. FIFTH GEAR will be a meat-n-potatoes show to see all the new cars coming out whereas when you watch TOP GEAR, you'll see cars that you never even thought existed.

The Saleen, Keinath, Farboud, Weismann, Spyker, Laraki, etc would be part of making TOP GEAR truly special to both old and young alike.

ishigakisensei said:
No Boss said:

As a non-Brit, you are hardly in a position to say that they would not. After all, the Countach still has a following and that car was truly hideous and a handful to drive.

No flaming by me. The GT series by Polyphony is THE reason why the US finally got the EVO and WRX. So, there is a precedent of introducing knowledge about cars not currently available in a country leading to enough consumer interest to cause their introduction.

The Saleen is but one example, but there is also Laraki and Farboud that are interesting creations. TOP GEAR has had a handcrafted automobile on the show before (Hammond driving a 1950s style one seat grean racecar whose name escapes me now) so they have a precedent of doing so as well.

This is just my opinion, but I think that TOP GEAR should also foster a culture of reviewing cars you'll never ever see on FIFTH GEAR. FIFTH GEAR will be a meat-n-potatoes show to see all the new cars coming out whereas when you watch TOP GEAR, you'll see cars that you never even thought existed.

The Saleen, Keinath, Farboud, Weismann, Spyker, Laraki, etc would be part of making TOP GEAR truly special to both old and young alike.
Theres far too many one car comanies to show them all. They obviously prefer the British ones like Jensen and Ariel but they have had the Weismann and the Spyker. I think they had the 1950's one becuase it was a remake of a Bentley of something.

No Boss said:

I love retro games consoles :thumbsup: . Sometimes I'd rather play on the commodore64 we still have or the megadrive than play on a PS2/psp. The soundtrack on those would beat the crap outta GTA's anyday :p

Anyway, back on-topic, I'm not saying all American cars are crap but I don't think there is a huge amount of interest in them, other than the Mustangs etc. TBH I can't see them putting a Saleen on the show, it doesn't seem to fit in with the other cars they have.

They are not going to show the Saleen. End of.

Evo7 said:
No Boss said:

I love retro games consoles :thumbsup: . Sometimes I'd rather play on the commodore64 we still have or the megadrive than play on a PS2/psp. The soundtrack on those would beat the crap outta GTA's anyday :p

Anyway, back on-topic, I'm not saying all American cars are crap but I don't think there is a huge amount of interest in them, other than the Mustangs etc. TBH I can't see them putting a Saleen on the show, it doesn't seem to fit in with the other cars they have.

They are not going to show the Saleen. End of.

As far as I can tell, they have a policy of only testing cars that are road legal and sold in Britain (except occasional racing vehicles like the Bowler). The Saleen is neither of these, and I highly doubt it ever will be.

peter3hg2 said:
Theres far too many one car comanies to show them all.

Unless they are on for many many more years. Once in a while to fill the gaps is what I'm saying. geoff, TOP GEAR has tested cars not available in Britain before so it's not out of character them doing so.

I just thought that I would add this little gem. Not a Saleen, but rather a JOSS from Australia...and better looking that the Saleen IMOHO.

joss-supercar01.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.**/img522/3006/joss53cg.jpg

This car could one day be in the UK...if it is not already.

Im sure the Saleen is a fast car, but how does it handle? Also, the look of it does seem abit mid nineties if you ask me. Also, asian cars arent worse than american cars imo.

-duders

ishigakisensei said:
I just thought that I would add this little gem. Not a Saleen, but rather a JOSS from Australia...and better looking that the Saleen IMOHO.

CHYEAH it is! Got any more info on it?

triumph said:
http://www.joss.com.au/joss.html

ah, beat me to it. Seems a perfect candidate for TOP GEAR especially now that the Monaro is dead. Clever writing and cinematography and we have a winner!

I just want to see how fast can it go on the PowerLap "That all" I?m just curious about that.
What they say about the car doesn?t really matter to me.
I just want to see the stig driving it :)
I'm only interested on what the stig has to say :mrgreen:

Well it is a fixed seat position, but they fly the owner out to the headquarters to tailer the car to them, so it is fixed into a position that fits the owner perfectly (assuming they aren't freakishy tall).

Since the Saleen S7R has already raced in the UK with the FIA GT Championships, it makes sense that TG could have a look at the road version(even though it's not available in the UK). Now with the twin turbo, the S7's performance is hard to ignore in comparison to it's rivals.

ishigakisensei said:

joss-supercar01.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.**/img522/3006/joss53cg.jpg

I think it already is as i find it very very similar to mclaren F1. :p

No Boss said:
ishigakisensei said:

CHYEAH it is! Got any more info on it?
There is a lot of hooplah, but im not sure if we'll ever see this making it into production.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
teeb said:
flyingfridge said:
:angrylock: Where are the mods? This is stupidity and has gone on long enough.

Past SL65!!!OMG!!!WTF!!!BBQ!!!'s bedtime :p
Its a forum, let em' discuss whatever the hell they want to discuss.

Next thread that is even remotely similar or related to Top Gear AND Americans OR the American motor-industry will get the big Nazi-lock which I'm yet to use..

I hate it when people call for a thread lock. If you dont like it dont come in here. Its like little kids who cant stand hearing something they dont like.

Has anyone written a letter to Top Gear yet asking them to feature the Saleen?
Everyone on here who wants to see it should write a joint email and put there names on it as some kind of petiton, seeing as so many people would like to see it.