Lens Flair

ArosaMike, if youre after good stitching software, try 'autostitch' and 'autopano'. Autostitch is free (well it was when I got it) and is the best ive used. Its completely automatic, and it rarely gets the pano wrong. It automatically adjusts exposure and contrast on composing photos, so the final panorama looks like one photo and you cant see the join. My gallery here http://www.pbase.com/danfreeman/panoramas has got shots made mainly with autostitch.
Anyway, just my two cents, try it out, its free so u dont loose anything!

Does it work with photos taken with less than 20mm focal length? That's one limitation with the Canon software that I known of. It can't stitch photos taken with a wide angle....

Yeah...I've tried that before with good results. CS2 has a built in automerge now though which works even better IMO!

Where is the photo for this page! I already posted so I can't...

some of you guys had mentioned something to use for HDR merging other than CS2, what was it? I am not very satisfied with what I'm getting from photoshop...

Also how many shots do you use and how many steps off do you shoot at? Canons can only go -2 and +2 EV steps....

My first contribution here, what do you guys think?

http://img206.imageshack.**/img206/5235/img00038ui7.jpg

big:
http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/1299/img00038xk7.jpg

:welcome:
You can post 800x600 inline btw if you like.

Nice composition but why the high noise? Doesn't look like you needed a high ISO for that one...

Edit: Sorry, checked the exif and it says ISO100, I guess it's one of those situations where your camera fails you.

v0od0o said:
:welcome:
You can post 800x600 inline btw if you like.

Nice composition but why the high noise? Doesn't look like you needed a high ISO for that one...

Edit: Sorry, checked the exif and it says ISO100, I guess it's one of those situations where your camera fails you.

Thanks, it was a verry cheap camera, i think thats why... ;)

v0od0o said:
some of you guys had mentioned something to use for HDR merging other than CS2, what was it? I am not very satisfied with what I'm getting from photoshop...

Also how many shots do you use and how many steps off do you shoot at? Canons can only go -2 and +2 EV steps....

Heh.. You shouldn't use the bracketing function of the camera, doesn't give NEARLY enough room.. I did a couple of HDR's and what people have told me, is take around 8 frames and increase your shutter speed by one stop for each frame.

Photomatix has an easy-to-use interface and produces some nice results, but only the demo is free.. Try it out, much nicer than CS2 merge.

Here's a quick sample I tried with the Photomatix, the demo has those nasty logos on it.. This is merged from 8 shots. It's just a quickie, didn't feel like editing out the cars.

hdr.jpg

You guys always keep it interesting :) I love this thread!

How about something a bit different, to go where no other finalgear photographer has been before :p

IMG_1524_DxO_raw_resize.jpg