using Top gear language in everyday conversations

skr said:
Edit: I found myself saying to myself: "Now that is a familiar sight on the motorway" when i white Transit appeared rather close in my rearview mirror. LOL

:thumbsup:

Actually, every time I see a Transit, and every time I talk about one, I mention the part about the Transit being the fastest thing on four wheels from Clarkson's Top 100. :)

i do find myself talking a bit like James May sometimes, a bit embarrassing whenever you're a 17yr old lad trying to impress his mates :oops:

skr said:
Now everybody keeps telling me that my accent is british with a slight german touch;)

All I can think of is the comic german impersonations done by british comedians. I hope you don't sound like that.

As long as he don't sound like a british talking french. :mrgreen:

I talk like The Stig a lot...

A Swede who doesn't talk? :unsure:

I find myself saying "Brilliant" and "Rubbish" way more than I used to. I use "Epic" sometimes too.

I also use "Coop-ay" instead of the American "Coop".

It's wierd because after watching this show so much, I sometimes think to myself in a British accent. :|

jpod999 said:
I find myself saying "Brilliant" and "Rubbish" way more than I used to. I use "Epic" sometimes too.

I also use "Coop-ay" instead of the American "Coop".

It's wierd because after watching this show so much, I sometimes think to myself in a British accent. :|

I would say that's a problem with watching a show from another country, but... it isn't a problem. Better that than talking like some Southerner who hasn't been out of the mountains for 30 years (no offense to Southerners living in mountains).

I've had people ask if i'm from england cuz sometimes a top gear-y accent slips. If i'm drunk i go w/ it, say im from a small vilage in yorkshire, and blather on and make a comment on the M4 bus lane and essex girls. there are ppl at school that i only see in bars that really think im british

wooflepoof said:
I've had people ask if i'm from england cuz sometimes a top gear-y accent slips. If i'm drunk i go w/ it, say im from a small vilage in yorkshire, and blather on and make a comment on the M4 bus lane and essex girls. there are ppl at school that i only see in bars that really think im british
I love it! :D

Next time I go to Oslo, I gotta try to appear British.

my dad was test driving a car we're gonna get the other day - & it had the flappy paddle gearbox. even the salesman called it that !

to tell you the truth... I don't even know the real name :blush:

I try not to use TG language in everyday conversations, but it does slip sometimes. I've said "oh, cock" a few times, it's actually one of my favourite swears now! :p

Sometimes I tend to speak more like James, which is fine, because I think he's the coolest of the three. Most of the time, I'm just a normal unassuming American. Most of the time... :lol:

Yeah, I say "Oh Cock" or "I think you can see where this is going" . "On that bombshell" comes up quite a bit, as does using the phrase "Some say... All we know is he's called..."- adding the name of chosen person at the end.
We have our own cool wall at home and have mini challenges- Top Gear styl-ee.

That sounds like quite a lot of fun! :)

What have you done yet? Been wanting to film a review. Why not my personal Suzuki Sj413? :p Try to see it from the view James would adapt. And if you think about it, he might not be to negative to it. Exept from being slow, having a herrific ride, cramped and so on, it's absolutely perfect off road. And I kind of think he likes cars that are designed to do something, and does it. And it does just that. :)

Recently, I've been using the following words:

Rather than having breakfast, Id rather go out and have a proper meal.

Now that is a properly loud car.

I say Oh Cock a fair bit, and when Im driver or say the word Power, I say Powerrrr!! :D It also helps when you like a footy team called the Powerrrr.

Woah it's like stepping into a time machine and coming out when carsightings was still around. ( I was lurking around finalgear between 2005 and late 2006 )

Woah it's like stepping into a time machine and coming out when carsightings was still around. ( I was lurking around finalgear between 2005 and late 2006 )

you was on the internet when you where 9?