Lens Flair

Wild blueberries, anyone? They tasted good too. :)

IMG_2288_001.jpg

^ Niiiice! Somehow I think it would've been even better in color, if the skies were blue not grey that is of course.

Thanks!

The sky I captured wasn't very blue, however most of the sky was. It just didn't turn out that well in the picture. Also the buildings were black anyway, and the one infront grey with a green sign up top (TD Canada Trust).

The rest of the reason... probably partly due to my mood, I took the picture 20 minutes after getting fired today. Also just noticed I didn't adjust the time on my camera for DST... so it's been off an hour for months :( Anyhoo, thanks for the comment :D

lol no worries, it's all good. I'd only been there 3 1/4 days. I wanted to quit anyway, wasn't a very good job.

Some nice photos on the last few pages.

Dan, that drifting shot with the hand out the window is awesome!

Thanks for the comment Iben, and I like the DOF on that race shot.

Ryosuke, the angle on that shot of the van is quite impressive!

Aka, that shot of the city is great.

And finally, a picture from me:

IMG_1902.jpg

He's actually shorter in person.
http://img222.imageshack.**/img222/2218/dsc0142ie5.jpg

can u do freeze flashes on normal digital cameras?

I don't know, you'd have to set the flash to fire when the shutter closes.. In that shot shutter was set to something long, like 1/10th to get the flames going and then set the flash to go off at closing curtain, the default is opening curtain I think..

New day!

Drinking is bad for your mental health :lol:

316.jpg

jayhawk said:
He's actually shorter in person.
I just got a fresh set of Michelins on my car!

And a photo, surprisingly this was taken with a 50mm, definitely not the right lens for the occasion:
IMG_1068_m_resize.JPG

The artifacts are from the gallery resizing :(

you guys with your skills scare me.

I haven't been able to take ANY Photos lately due to my constant studying at school.... med school is definitely harder than undergrad.

Hopefully I'll be buying a car soon so that should give me a reason to take some pictures.

Skoshi said:
I don't know, you'd have to set the flash to fire when the shutter closes.. In that shot shutter was set to something long, like 1/10th to get the flames going and then set the flash to go off at closing curtain, the default is opening curtain I think..

I had 1st/2nd curtain settings for the built-in flash on my S2 IS. But I don't think it'd be available on the smaller ultra compact point and shoots.

Ironically it's a lot more hidden in the Rebel XT. (in the custom functions menu)

AxlxA said:
you guys with your skills scare me.

I haven't been able to take ANY Photos lately due to my constant studying at school.... med school is definitely harder than undergrad.

Hopefully I'll be buying a car soon so that should give me a reason to take some pictures.

I'll hate if you take pics of Madison, It will make me homesick. :cry:

But still, a great photo town. :)